ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can we sticky this post? Perfect blueprint for getting that cheap ass 2008 look!

Can't you at least buy some used wheels that are semi legit?

In all seriousness, can I suggest any other wheel except that same bullshit XXR?

P.S. Couldn't tell if trolling.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Why even buy a real GV lip anymore? There are copies all over the place for less than $100. Check craigslist, our classifieds, ebay.

The rest is as cheap as you'll find them. I wont bother giving you crap for the suspension and low offset wheels on the cheap, if you aren't racing, who cares?

Enjoy your better looking car, that just happens to look like everyone elses on this board. Who gives a ****, it'll look cool, if thats what you want, have at it!

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In all seriousness, can I suggest any other wheel except that same bullshit XXR?

I know these wheels are over used but its a "known quantity" I like the look regardless if everyone and there gay cousin has owned a set. Plus they're super cheap, like all four shipped for 370 cheap. I'd love to have some really pricey hard to find super rare wheels but I'd hate to spend a ton of money on something and not like the look once I see them on the car. Plus this is all being done on just my rebate. I'm a college student who doesn't have a ton to drop on everything and with this setup I get the most bang for my buck. It's better than stock 13's and ride height.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why even buy a real GV lip anymore? There are copies all over the place for less than $100. Check craigslist, our classifieds, ebay.

If IF you find miata stuff on craigslist around here its all used stock parts or track stuff. This car's just a cruiser so no need for track stuff. Thanks and as far as the wheels go, i'd love to buy from here but since nothing is local I think i'd have a hard time beating ebay prices since I'd have to pay someone on here to freight the stuff.

Why even buy a real GV lip anymore? There are copies all over the place for less than $100.
That price in the link is for the set (front and rear lips) can you link me or suggest someone that sells the replicas for cheaper and in the set/combo?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just FYI I ordered from Raceland this week and they called me the next day and said they do not have the coilovers for the miata's nor to the see any coming in anytime soon. Just thought I would let you know .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just FYI I ordered from Raceland this week and they called me the next day and said they do not have the coilovers for the miata's nor to the see any coming in anytime soon. Just thought I would let you know .
Dang, guess i'll have to shop around some more

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Great bandwagon build about to happen up in here.

:facepalm:

I "spent" my "monies" on "building" my ING.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great bandwagon build about to happen up in here.

:facepalm:

I "spent" my "monies" on "building" my ING.

Miatas slammed to hell and back on sportmax (xxrs) is overplayed and the trend of 4 years ago. I understand not having money to afford the nicest things but it seems like everybody thats new to the miata scene wants to do two things, SLAM IT, and throw some XXR wheels on it. BORING!!!!!!

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
Like any red blood good American I'm spending dat sh!t as soon as it's in my hand. Pffbt saving money is for :hello kitty:.
Monday I'm ordering :
Or you can take your $1,500 this year...and your return every year...and invest it in your retirement. By the time you're 55 it will have compounded to close to a quarter million dollars.

But why do that when you can have XXR's and Ricelands now?

·
Loves V8s. Hates you.
176 Posts
Or you can take your $1,500 this year...and your return every year...and invest it in your retirement. By the time you're 55 it will have compounded to close to a quarter million dollars.

But why do that when you can have XXR's and Ricelands now?
I hate when people chime into threads on car forums with arm chair finance advice.
1. Thanks Dad!
2. Cars are a horrid investment. You are even a vendor - shouldn't you be encouraging him to spend money...?
3. 9/10 the advice is ****.

On topic.

I recommend vmaxxs over racelands.

And. Eff all those parts.
Add boost.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
I hate when people chime into threads on car forums with arm chair finance advise.
1. Thanks Dad!
2. Cars are a horrid investment. You are even a vendor - shouldn't you be encouraging him to spend money...?
3. 9/10 the advice is ****.

On topic.

I recommend vmaxxs over racelands.
I hate to see people make mistakes that I've made myself and regret to this day. I'm not the type of guy to just sit back quietly and watch that happen.

1. You're welcome.
2. Nobody said cars are a good investment. I'm a vendor who sells cool, unique stuff in my spare time. I don't do it for my day job and, therefore, I don't need to encourage people to spend wastefully.
3. I wouldn't presume to give any specific advice. I don't even make those decisions for myself. I have people who do it for me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts