ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a Miata last year. I have a great junkyard in the area and have been able to get some great items. I got a fairly new Robbins 3 window top for very cheap. $25.00 since I pulled it myself. the attached photo is the end result. It took me less than 2 hours total.:)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Herr is what I started with. It was some unknown glass window top. The previous owner had ruined the zipper and he cut holes and tied the window up. :( NOT good. I got a zipper repair kit and sewed everything up. This worked until early winter. The old top also had a few small holes that he had tried to repair with what looked like bicycle tube patches. :p
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I had the top off I took the time to clean out/vacuum the rain rail and ensure that the forward drains were clear.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the "new" top after I removed it from storage in my garage. The junkyard had written on it with some kind of wax/grease marker. It is here warming in the sun to remove any creases. I scrubbed it around the perimeter before installing it.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I then pulled out front and spent the next 40 minutes cleaning the "new" top. I removed the writing and scratches in the windows with Bluemagic headlight polish. This buffed up very nicely. the windows are clean, smooth and clear. I scrubbed the top with warm water and soap. I am very pleased with the results.
 

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top