ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has played the Gran Turismo demo for the ps3.
If so we should see who can get the highest score drifting our roadsters.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol why would u want the ps3 to die soon??, or do you mean a price drop?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,638 Posts
I think it will whether or not anyone wants it to. It's just too pricey, and the XBox360 has finally started to take off (even if Microsoft is losing over $120/unit :shock: ).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am on the other side of the fence - those who make the games. The PS2 was terrible platform to make games on and the Xbox was great. Sony sucks, Microsoft support is great. But the PS2 was so spread that to make bucks the companies were doing PS2 projects.

Now the situation with the PS3 and 360 is similar. The Xbox 360 is great, the PS3 sucks monkey ass. The good thing this time around is that the 360 has a year install base advantage so pretty much everyone doing big titles right now has the 360 as the main target platform and the PS3 is secondary. And if the PS3 dies folks won't have to deal with the PS3 bulshit ... :mrgreen:

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Nintendo is the only company who actuall makes money on console sales. Not having unlimited pockets like M$ or Sony, they actually need a working business model.

Can't wait to get my Wii. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
... but Sony still sucks ass to work with. :p

I've always seen it from the side J_Man has as well. I saw a bunch of PS3 exclusive titles that were supposed to be launch vehicles for sony lose that exclusivity when people got pissed at working with Sony, waiting on Sony to release their console, etc etc.

It's an interesting side of things that most of us consumers don't ever get to see. Developers have been a bit more vocal this round than usual it seems though. Hardware aside, if you alienate the third-party developers, you damned well better have a REALLY strong in-house studio. Heh.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That's true and mostly because of the Bluray drive which Sony forces you to buy
not like both sony and microsoft forced you to buy a dvd player when PS2 and xbox came out. #-o

please, let's not turn this into another PS3 sucks and 360 pwns debate. I've heard it so many times it makes me sick. yes, at the moment, 360 is the better console, however much I dislike the fact. PS3 does have huge potential, it just might not reach it within its lifespan.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
[epic said:
@ Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:14 pm]
That's true and mostly because of the Bluray drive which Sony forces you to buy
not like both sony and microsoft forced you to buy a dvd player when PS2 and xbox came out. #-o

please, let's not turn this into another PS3 sucks and 360 pwns debate. I've heard it so many times it makes me sick. yes, at the moment, 360 is the better console, however much I dislike the fact. PS3 does have huge potential, it just might not reach it within its lifespan.
Microsoft didn't make you buy a DVD player with your XBOX. That's why you needed that remote thing, it covered the licensing costs.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Is this the GT HD demo? I want to play that badly.

I love my 360, but Id like to have a PS3 also. I wish I knew someone with a PS3 cause I cant justify the cost. I dont think I would buy one unless it was less than $300.

So we're getting the Wii next. It looks fun.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My friend Jason has this friend named Willpower.

Jason went shopping the other day and apparently Willpower was off in Hawaii or something, because Jason came home with a PS3. He DLed the GT:HD demo, I need to go over and try it out. I'm in the same boat as Boogievan though, I like racing games, but I can't justify a 700.00 cost of entry to play one game (console + game + tax).

...but if a friend is gonna do it for me, damned right I'll take advantage of that. ;)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
makes me sad to say that sony seems to be putting out crap lately. all started with the psp, which is useless. the only reason i picked that pspeice was for the promise of gran turismo, which they never delivered. so i sold the bastard and bought a DS lite, which is friggin choice. and ps3 seems to be a flop as well, all the people that bought em to sell for 3xthe cost are all screwed because nobody wants it, so most of em are returning them back to stores.

i dont have a 360 or wii either, but id rather get those two than a ps3. however if the price ever drops on ps3 to the 300 range then ill get one just for GT

·
2,708 Posts
*yawn* More PS haters, just like the PS2. Just let it go people,serious. Let the platform speak for itself and it's too early too tell who's the "winner" yet. It normally takes a year for game designers to catch up with the platform's potential, so yeah, SOME 360 games look better then the PS3, but it won't be that way in a year. The memory storage of Bluray is just too big for designers not to take advantage of. Just remember the PS2 still outsells the 360........

I don't think the PS3 costs that much when people that get it has already shelled out $1500+ for a 1080p capable HDTV flatscreen, which I have. I will admit the PS3 is geared more for the electronics geek, whereas other gamers are perfectly happy with their distorted tube tvs :)

Back to the GTHD. I played it at the local Gamestop and it rocks. It has a way to go to match Metalstorm's graphics though, especially at 1080p resolution.

I'm just waiting for the next Final Fantasy and Metal gear to snatch up the PS3, I'm still trying to finish FFXII and Tourist Trophy on my PS2 now.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It does? Last I looked that wasn't the case. the 360 was outselling the PS2. [Edit: All I have is Japanese sales for last month, and in JAPAN, the PS2 outsold the X360. I can't speak for the US, i don't have those stats, so i'm at least half wrong. -M]

Regardless, not trying to turn this into a hardware war. On topic, how close do you guys think the Miata in PS3 handles to your real cars? I was just watching a couple people play in the teamspace, and it seemed like the car was an understeering, floaty, not very connected-seeming car in game. Pretty looking, but nothing like what I recall mine driving like stock.

What's everyone's take on it compared to your real cars?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts