ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had a moon eyes wheel on a grant hub had it on my s13 with no problem, now i try putting it on my NA and wont go on. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Or do i just need to get a different hub?

·
Registered
747 Posts
First, you need to introduce yourself with a newbie thread. Then you need to trim the little nub on the clock spring. I was an idiot and just removed my clock spring so I don't have a horn.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
hubs are not universal buddy. usually they're different between manufacturers. and even sometimes different between different model/years of a certain car. (but sometimes you can get lucky, but for the most part...no)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Don't worry, coupe. He got the Mooneyes wheel which comes with the right Grant hub, it just takes some trimming. I should know, I have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the trim is not the problem at all. the steering column spline tapers but the hub doesnt. Dont know if this is normal for NAs(this my first miata).

·
Registered
747 Posts
Did you order the hub from Mooneyes when you bought the wheel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already had the hub, it was previously on my s13. But all the hubs ive ever had to deal with were never tapered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts