ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
not all grants are 5 holes, that one is actually 3, I had a chrome one on my van like that at one point. to mount up to the 5 hole wheels you actually need an adapter for the adapter if that makes any sense. :)

If my van wasnt parked at my parents house at the moment, I'd go pull the wheel off to show you what I mean.

That said, I have seen grant wheels on a miata before so they must make an adapter.

EDIT: here, look at rnorma1's blue miata, it has a grant wheel on it. you can see the 3 holes I was talking about, but his wheel looks like it also has a 5 hole pattern (unless he actually drilled it??)

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654

I say ask him how he did it.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductBrowse/showCustom-0/refId-20004513/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2003167/c-10101/p-2003167/N-111+600002763+200728921/tf-Browse/s-10101

that should do the trick for the black wheel you posted.
Does that go on the exsisting Momo/Sparco adapter or is it a completely new adapter? It seems shorter than most hubs if so.

Seems like your friend drilled some holes into that wheel...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did in fact drill the 5 hole pattern into a wheel that only had the 3 bolt pattern. I needed the wheel to be a lot closer than it was so I used the standard 3 inch spacer/mount from grant. That wheel had a lot of meat to it so I drilled away.

I did the same thing on my current car but the center of the wheel is not black for some reason.

I love that steering wheel for some reason.

not all grants are 5 holes, that one is actually 3, I had a chrome one on my van like that at one point. to mount up to the 5 hole wheels you actually need an adapter for the adapter if that makes any sense. :)

If my van wasnt parked at my parents house at the moment, I'd go pull the wheel off to show you what I mean.

That said, I have seen grant wheels on a miata before so they must make an adapter.

EDIT: here, look at rnorma1's blue miata, it has a grant wheel on it. you can see the 3 holes I was talking about, but his wheel looks like it also has a 5 hole pattern (unless he actually drilled it??)

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654

I say ask him how he did it.

M

·
0 Posts
It's not rocket science. With a compass, ruler, hand drill, and countersink drillbit you can DIY the 6 holes. Just be prepared with a trim ring or horn button that will cover up the ugliness of the extra holes.

FYI: Grant + JC Whitney = FTL

:mrgreen:

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts

maybe for a miata, its rockin on in my chevy van. :twisted:

sonique I can tell you for sure that the base of the wheel you posted isnt a large enough diameter to consider drilling your own holes. I know grant's prices sure are attractive. I paid $25 new at an auto parts store for my chrome version of that wheel.

·
Registered
83 Posts

I'm not sure what FTL stands for but I'm guessing it means the opposite of FTW....

Whatever the case....a steering wheel is a steering wheel to me. Brand, no brand........or worse off apperently, a JC Whitney/Pep Boys endorced brand.

My car turns as well as any other miata being steered by some JDM enslaved fool spinning his fashionable pretty steering wheel.

When all is said and done, you can bolt nice parts on these cars until the cows come home but at the end of the day you're still driving a gay boy/hair dressers car so who cares!!

wink wink :twisted:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
It's not rocket science. With a compass, ruler, hand drill, and countersink drillbit you can DIY the 6 holes. Just be prepared with a trim ring or horn button that will cover up the ugliness of the extra holes.

C'mon, Bill - not everyone spends their hard-earned money on overpriced Roadster goods. Lay off the negative comments.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Gotta bump this dead thread from years ago because my bro-in law just gave me his grant wheel from his RSX-S since my stock wheel is toast

The JC/Whiteney link posted above is dead, are there adapters out still?

and i'm the same as posted above, i'm not into this car for the "JDM'ness" and don't really care about having a steering wheel with Momo or Nardi on it

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
guess i need to figure out the P/N of that wheel my bro in law gave me

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
i don't know, but, after lookin at it again, it has an adapter on it, so, i'm gonna see how it fits tonight in about a half hour or so

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
haha it fits great an feels really nice! i have it in my car!!

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
flatblack, what did you use to mount? another hub?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts