ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my blizzaks is shot so I may as well get summer tires now. Last summer I used yokohama ES100s and they were decent but didn't seem to grip as well as I'd expected. I have the stock daisy wheels. I heard toyo tr1's are great but tire rack doesn't have them listed for the miata... maybe I'm just searching wrong. What tires should I get guys? :D

(preferably kinda cheap too)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Falken Azenis Rt615 look real sexy but so do the Hankook Ventus Rs2 Z212. Which would you guys go with? its only a $3 difference... I'll prob go with one of those two unless I suddenly feel that I should go with something cheaper like the Falken Ziex Ze 512 for $40 but I'd imagine they would perform not nearly as good as the above two, correct?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm just going to go with the Falken Ziex Ze 512's. It'll be like $100 cheaper for all of them.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The ES100s you had didn't grip as well as you may have hoped because they suck.... lol. And the Ziex 512s are really not very grippy either... but sure they aren't snow tires atleast like Blizzacks...
Id highly recommend a real man's tire and atleast go with a T1R... assuming you actually want good grip for your summer tire... The Hankook yous poke of and the Azenis are really nice but are a step above the T1R and if you are considering crappier tires atelast get a T1R or similar.
-Ryan
-Ryan

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, thepass, I didn't go with a real mans tire. Haha my wallet can't afford real man's **** now. :p

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
Forget the ES100's unless you want to drift.

The Hankook RS2 have been a great tire for me.

Back when the new Azinis 615's first came out they were insanely marked up ($90 each for a 14" tire!) the RS2 had just been introduced too with good results and significantly less expensive so I opted to try the Hankooks.

I have not yet tried the Azenis, but since the cost is so similar now, they will most likely be my next street tire. Summer tire only though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts