ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

(I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it via search, so apologies in advance)
As the subject hints at... I'm looking for alternative turbos to fit to my GReddy manifold... looking for something that spools alot earlier... I'm currently hitting full boost around 3400/3500rpm (and when it hit... it REALLY hits!). Its not that I don't like the currently setup but would like to try something else out now. Would the larger 2 1/2inch downpipe from RM bring this down significantly?
Car is a '91 Eunos Roadster, 370cc Saab injectors, Begi Intercooler, running @ 11psi, Link ECU, Greddy turbo+manifold, 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust from downpipe back.

Cheers
Steve

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
miataturbo.net is a great forum for questions on the greddy set-up.

another alternative to the RM downpipe is Tony's DP. Most users of both these downpipes will cut down spool time and will usually achieve boost by 3k

·
CR.net Supporter
242 Posts
I have the 2.5" RM DP with the TD04 and Hallman MBC. I start building boost just under 3K (depending on load). I have read much about the Hallman MBC contributing to the early spool-up.

If you plan to maintain the LINK and want quicker spooling, you may have to go to a smaller turbo. The stock GReddy TDO4 spools fairly quickly as-is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts