ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had registered here years ago, but I guess not.

I'm on my second Miata, the first being a black and tan '94, and my current '99 black and tan. In between I owned a Boxster that I had supercharged by Turbo Performance in Maryland.

Here is my car.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Very nice!! I wish i could go the supercharger route. Did you make your own Fan shroud?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's from BRP (now SOT), and comes with their intercooler kit.

Here is as much as I can remember:

1999 Black & Tan:
Built 1.9 liter Flying Miata motor with Wiseco pistons 9:1 compression, Carillo rods, ARP studs, balanced & polished crank, titanium valve spring retainers, ported and polished intake & exhaust, 3 angle valve job, BR Performance M-62 supercharger, 6 rib pulley, 60mm nose pulley (11-12 psi), Vishnu fuel rail, BRP A/A intercooler, 70mm BTB, K&N filter with BR heat shield box, Jackson Racing headers, Racing Beat exhaust & midpipe, ACT Stage Three clutch, Wilwood brakes, Tein HA coilovers, 17" Konig Holes, Falken Azeni shoes. Engine management is by Simple Digital Systems, and monitored by an Innovate LC-1 wideband with XD-16 A/F gauge, and Autometer boost gauge.

Factory hardtop and Boss Frog double hoop SCCA legal roll bar.

8,000 redline, and when tuning is completed, should be in the 280 whp range, with 300 whp the goal after an R-4 manifold goes on.

It turned 0-60 in 5.2 seconds with my old setup (stock motor, W/A intercooler), about 50 hp ago, so I'd say it's easily in the mid 4 second range, and high 12s, maybe low 13s in the quarter. Traction is the biggest problem.

Edit to add: I forgot about the Walbro 255 and my RC 550cc injectors.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice car! And welcome to Club Roadster. Be sure to park pictures of your car and your list of modifications in the Garage section of the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's got limited slip, which basically means I sit and spin both tires on launches instead of one. I can't launch over 2500 rpm, or I'm in the wall. I've not taken it to the drag strip with this new motor yet, but with my old water/air setup on my stock motor (around 220 whp)it was very difficult to launch. My 60' times were always around 2.5 seconds, but was trapping at 103-104 consistently, and that was in the high 13s. I have bought some BFG Drag Radials, but I think if I do really get a good launch, I may snap an axle. I can buy some gen 2 RX-7 axles and make those work with minor adaptations if that happens.

It's not meant to be a drag car anyway. I autocrossed it before the blower a few times, but the power was way to much for the chassis on a short course when I dropped in the M62. I plan on taking it to Sebring, Road Atlanta, etc, with car clubs, and just wanted a really fast and stealthy street car that would handle and brake as well as it would go.

Almost there....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts