ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Version 1.0: stock
Version 2.0: R-Package look
Version 3.0:
I still have to put some finishing touches on it, but I figured I'd post some pics of the nearly finished update. I've been on the fence on whether to go "modern retro race", or follow a more contemporary look. The new mod kinda moves me away from the classic look, but my plan was always function over form, hence a "more modern yet slightly classic look" :roll:

Stage21 CFRP extraction hood and trunk ;)
Hood is a hair heavier than stock, but vents out the heat very well, which was what I wanted in the first place...trunk is half the weight of stock.

Sorry about the hood prop :lol: As you can imagine, it extracts a TON of heat from the engine bay. No problems with rain so far.

Close up of the gills

Sitting in traffic, I can see little heat plumes from the gills, kinda cool actually. Well not in this pic...

Tail detail: I love this shot!

It's still a work in progress (when will we ever finish our cars, eh?) :twisted:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Nice Bro, im loving the way your car is turning out!!! I think a Garage Vary Lip spoiler, or RS-Aizawa Front Bumper would complement the hood real good.

PhatMiata

M

·
0 Posts
Hey GG,

Looks great! As you know, some of us were interested in getting that Stage 21 hood:

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=820

-how is the fit and finish?
-does CFRP mean a cosmetic layer of CF over FRP?
-how is the manufacturing quality of the CF?
-how much did you pay for the parts and the shipping?

Bill

·
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey GG,

Looks great! As you know, some of us were interested in getting that Stage 21 hood:

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=820

-how is the manufacturing quality?
-how is the fit
-is it FRP or CF?
-how much did it cost you for the part and how much was shipping?

Bill
The hood is CFRP, actually a one-off by Stage21. They couldn't lay down the CF properly over the gill area, which is why it's finished in 2 tone black/bare CF. The bare CF part is pretty good but there are some minor issues with the weave, again one reason why it's a one off. FRP is the only thing they sell now, I believe.

The fit is pretty good, I did have to adjust the hood latch a bit, but I'm very pleased with it. The big vent is right behind the radiator, no issues with my engine...oh I did fiddle with the FM shock tower brace (SC style) to make it clear, but no biggie.

I had a cousin coming home from Japan, so he just brought it home for me with the rest of his stuff. So basically it cost me a beer to ship :mrgreen: He actually found it for me, he found it online in YJ. It went for $400 bucks, not bad for what I got.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts