ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have black interior but I would like to change to something like this. I would like to see other pictures of Grey//Black interior. I dont know whos car the original picture is from but thanks.
Barrym

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I have black interior but I would like to change to something like this. I would like to see other pictures of Grey//Black interior. I dont know whos car the original picture is from but thanks.
Barrym

*Gray

Your on this side of the pond there chap.

EDIT: OP, what color is your car?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*Gray

Your on this side of the pond there chap.

EDIT: OP, what color is your car?

Thanks for the GRAY comment. I get that confused all the time.My car is Silverstone.

The interior is black everywhere. Ive tried to warm it up a little with wood. I've played with all kinds of colors but I think I've settled on the gray and black with wood. It kind of reminds me of the commercials where everything is black and white and the one thing they want highlighted is in color. I think it is impressive looking.
I need a gray crash pad and the upper part of the door card, armrest and seats. I think these are factory colors but if not I need to change the colors of what I have somehow. Im looking to see how others have done it. I will check your link out. Thanks Any other ideas or build threads would be helpful too.
I have a Simpson Designs flat rear bumper but I havent installed it yet. Ive used paint to draw it on.
Thanks
Barrym

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Gray or Grey is actually completely personal preference. They are both the color, Grey is more commonly used in England etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gray or Grey is actually completely personal preference. They are both the color, Grey is more commonly used in England etc.
Well bugger me.
Guess I've been watching too many Brit Comedies on the telly.

Cheers
Barrym

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that my MSM's interior was too black so I re-coloured the door trim in German Grey. See http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41119&p=534239&hilit=recolouring#p534239 for details.

How is the paint holding up? You did it about 9 months ago.

I need to look at some build sites on how to change colors on the crash pad, the upper door card and door pulls.
Any ideas who else has done stuff like this. I know there are probably tons I just can find them quick on search.
Barrym

·
Registered
152 Posts
:
How is the paint holding up? You did it about 9 months ago.
:
The door inserts and tweeter covers are holding up great - I've got about 5 layers of clear coat on them. The driver's side lower speaker cover not as well since I scrape my right foot against it when getting out in tight parking lots so there are a few scratches through to the black underneath.

Basically anywhere that is not prone to scraping should be OK - my arm leaning against the door insert has not affected it at all.

If I had to do it again, I would leave the lower speaker covers black because of the scraping.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Went to Charcoal on the crash pad and upper door cards.

It was only a few months ago, but it's holding up well.

From tan.

To Grey.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to Charcoal on the crash pad and upper door cards.

It was only a few months ago, but it's holding up well.

To Grey.
Looks good. What did you use for the gray and how is it holding up?
Thanks
Barrym

·
Banned
607 Posts
I thought that my MSM's interior was too black so I re-coloured the door trim in German Grey. See http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41119&p=534239&hilit=recolouring#p534239 for details.

Here's what my car looks like with a MAZDASPEED black and grey seat:

Note: I plan to re-trim the steering wheel in German Grey too.

Now with 2 MAZDASPEED seats and driver's side bolster fixed:

I thought Aussies aren't allowed to have the word "SPEED" on their cars?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Was tan

Changing to black, got new/used carpets all interior trim bits for $150.

Painted lower dash black

Then wrapped to match door panels

·
Registered
111 Posts
Duplicolor vinyl paint.

It's holding up well. Drivers side has a scratch down to the tan, but it'll touch up easily.

Maybe I'll clearcoat it....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts