ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have a 04 msm with fm2 kit which includes the hydra. i also have built the bottom in. ok theres a lil bit of history. Know the problem im having is that when i turn the car on it is fluxing about 600rpm and the lights or getting brighter and dimmer. now the battery was dead because i havent started it in a couple of weeks because work is picking up for me (UPS). well i hooked my tsx up to it to start it. no fluxing what so ever. so i unhooked the tsx (like you normally would) and the msm starting fluxing again. so i rehooked the tsx up and the msm stopped fluxing again. i shut the tsx off while it was still hooked up and the msm started fluxing again. Im thinking its something to do with the alternator. maybe it has a bad ground? idk. please help out thank you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
How long did you let the battery charge? You'll need to let it get a good healthy charge and see how it behaves then...

·
Registered
441 Posts
You can test the alternator by getting a Multimeter and checking the output at the battery. When the car is running put the mulitmeter on the battery terminals. If its reading 13.5-14 volts then your alternator is working. Saves you some cash before you buy a new one.
+1

Or, if you don't have a multimeter, take it to Vatozone or Fuckboys or even an O'hineys and have them test your alternator for you.

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alternator fluxed from 8-19. so must be a diode or something going bad, but something else arouse. when i shut the car off the battery was at 9 and a half. i went back out to the car about 45 mins later and it was down at 2 and a half. the alternator wouldn't make any type of drain would it be? none of the lights are on so its not something that simple. and suggestions?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did a slow charge on the battery. I took it to oreillys for them to do a test to make sure it was still good they say it is. it was at 12v. i put the new alternator on and the fluxing is gone. yaaaaaaaa!!!! when i shut the car off the multimeter read 12.25v for the battery. the car has been off for about 30 mins. i am just waiting a while longer before i go check to see what the multimeter says. cross your fingers and hope it doesnt read less than 12v. if it does i will be doing the parasitic drop to see if i can isolate the problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
told u it was the alt
you did. i think my battery is not holding a chargeeither.checked the battery yesterday with the multimeter it was at 12.82. i went out there today it is at 11.88. so i took it out of the car and brought it inside. if the battery continues to lose then its the battery if not then i have a drain in the car.
my car is almost ready. cant wait. it will be a great Christmas present.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts