ClubRoadster.net banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Max has been on point with me through the whole process. Before I put down the money, during and after. His replies take a few days but he does reply nonetheless.
Better than thmotorsports sponsor here that just straight up ignore me after they take my money
The last reply we got from them on this thread was on March 31st, its now May 8th. I know they are being sent out and that's cool I have no issue with that. However the customer service is horrible. How hard is it to pop in and just let the people know what is going on and give them a heads up on estimated shipping dates. I was going to also jump on their group buy for the Maxim Works Headers, but never mind that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Have you tried emailing him?? I'm sure his actual store and email are a higher priority than a thread he has on multiple forums.

Same goes for the gift card. I emailed him about mine and got it the same day that I used towards a tow hook. just food for thought.

I've been plenty pleased with the service I've received and will continue to buy from Rev9 in the future.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Well after posting, I finally got an email back from Max. The products Rev9 offers are top notch, but personally, if I were to order Legit parts especially ones that are more than a couple bills I would want to get updated pretty often, especially if it takes a couple months to receive.

However, I do understand that he has no control of how fast Garage Vary can produce them, but it would be nice to know where you are in the line of parts to be shipped out. Maybe he bit off more than he can chew with such a large group buy, being bombarded with many people contacting him. Only if it was more organized.

·
Registered
645 Posts
THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM HIM

"Hello Denny,

You are #79 in line. At end of May, we’ll be shipping up to order #70, so your set should ship at the end of June if everything goes as planned.

This is exceptional case as the price was the lowest ever for these tail lights and they will probably end up being discontinued as Mazda tail lights that they use were all bought by us and will not be made again.

Thanks,

-Maxime "

Took about a day in response via email..

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Wait so we have to send an email to get the gift card? I mean it's only 20.00 so if I don't get it I just don't spend more money so it's not a big deal. But why make people ask?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
QFT. With all the money that was collected from this same exact thread, he should check it to make sure everything is going well.
Why do I have to email him? He owes this to me for participating in this group buy.
It should of been sent when I paid in full.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Seems like there are 2 separate issues happening here.

1. People want an update on ship date.(?)
Maxime is one person running at least 2 businesses and I don't think he employs alot of people. When it came to these tailights, I don't think Garage Vary had these just sitting on a shelf ready to ship out so it's easy to surmise that to save money on their end, it's being done in batches. I thought they were a small shop with a bunch of other projects probably going on. I'd honesly only be concerned about things if I don't receive anything by my expected ship date. Hundred of people have done business with Max, not including all the RX-7 folks and has yet not to deliver.

2. Where's the gift card?
I received mine as a code in an email. If he's late on sending you a code/email, sure it's an issue and it is a concern. So hopefully he gets that settled.

I can say that with all the purchases I've made with Rev9 I've never had a problem. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Paid in full 3/29/14

and im #79 - expected to ship at the end of June...

THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM HIM

"Hello Denny,

You are #79 in line. At end of May, we’ll be shipping up to order #70, so your set should ship at the end of June if everything goes as planned.

This is exceptional case as the price was the lowest ever for these tail lights and they will probably end up being discontinued as Mazda tail lights that they use were all bought by us and will not be made again.

Thanks,

-Maxime "

Took about a day in response via email..

·
Registered
90 Posts
This GB was offered to the other MX5 forums aswell including mxcartalk.com which is based in Australia. I've emailed & PM'd Max about 10 times and always received a response within a day of asking him a question. He's been very helpful. I even asked him if I could redeem my $20 gift card with my purchase to save on additional shipping later down the track. He said yes, so I ordered a set of Clover gold keys separately and gave him the 2nd order number. He organised the refund for me and I've been happily waiting ever since.

Dude, if you're complaining about the service or how long it's taking why don't you pay full price. I for one am grateful for REV9 to organise this group buy for us and happy to wait a bit longer for the item as it's been very successful. It was mentioned that the sooner you pay the sooner you get your items. And as you might not have realised items are being shipped all over the world not just America. If you have any problems just email/ or PM Max and ask him directly instead of putting it on this forum. He's not a mind reader and is probably busy getting our orders sent out to us as fast as he can. However, from my experience the service has been top notch and I for one will purchase more products from Rev9.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dude, if you're complaining about the service or how long it's taking why don't you pay full price. I for one am grateful for REV9 to organise this group buy for us and happy to wait a bit longer for the item as it's been very successful. It was mentioned that the sooner you pay the sooner you get your items. ....... However, from my experience the service has been top notch and I for one will purchase more products from Rev9.

Yeah, I've always received my products I've ordered from Rev9 carefully packaged and it's always great stuff! Never had a bad experience yet.

To the people who are complaining about the long wait: I knew these would take a while to order and that's why I was number 17 on this group buy. These tails aren't some mass produced part, they are hand made and I'm sure building 90 of these things is going to be a lengthy process. just be patient, and as others have suggested, a direct email instead of a forum post will likely produce better results!

·
Registered
626 Posts
got my taillight panel but it doesnt fit properly with those big ass pem nuts sticking out. how did you guys install yours?

revlimiter's diy install shows no sign of the pem nuts, and the instructions provided show the pem nuts sticking out. but in that case they will hit the panel and that is without the bolt screwed in.
I just got mine today and ran into the same issue. What I did was drill out the 4 holes a tiny bit bigger so that the pem nuts would slip into the holes on the car and i flipped the flat fiberglass pieces them so the pem nuts would seat inside the holes. Then I put in the bolts from inside the trunk and then I added around 5-6 washers on each so that it would be snug.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sent an email quite a few days ago, still with no reply. Still pretty unprofessional to not have ANY communication with customers unless they are the ones contacting you.... especially on such a high priced item.

Just wondering whether I need to file a chargeback or not because this is just getting to be ridiculous. This thread alone is becoming a thread of just pure lack of customer service.

I understand he's been an awesome sponsor here for many previous sales/ forum members. But those one time transactions for one person hold less wait (in my own personal opinion) than a group buy that you put together, in which AFTER you get everybody's money, you simply stop communication because you're "busy".

This is just getting old

-ono1

·
Registered
165 Posts
Plus 3 months of no communication after a complete payment is sent is just to me, the definition of poor customer service, if not theft and fraud to say the very least.

An update is probably the smartest choice right now for this sponsor, seeing as how they have had other members post on their behalf and haven't themselves been in this actual thread in forever.

-ono1

·
Registered
216 Posts
According to the email reply I got from them a few weeks back. Hoping to get s email with tracking this week, don't even care since they are going up for sale asap. I sold the miata and bought a FRS.

You are number 56 in line for the tail lights.

At end of May, we’ll be shipping up to order #70 so your set should ship.

Thanks,

-Maxime

201 - 220 of 245 Posts