ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Maxime is running a great business. Those of you that are complaining of the wait should just buy your things on eBay next time. Getting rare sought after parts from Japan are not for everyone. Part of the experience with buying parts like these is the wait and anticipation.

I've bought more than a few things from Rev9 and all of them have arrived in a timely manner and packaged better than needed. Just like I tell my gf, "calm your tits!"

·
R U ?
7,092 Posts
I think saying that these are "rare" is a bit of a stretch. The wait time is normal for any large group buy I've seen...so is the "lack of communication".

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I think saying that these are "rare" is a bit of a stretch. The wait time is normal for any large group buy I've seen.
I agree the GV tail lights are not rare. My comment was meant to encompass parts that aren't from some mass produced eBay drop shipper as a whole.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's not a complaint on the item, the rarity, or anything else other than simply the customer service portion of this whole situation. As previously stated, I'm sure they have been an incredibly great sponsor for many, many previous customers. To be completely honest, I hear nothing but good things about Rev9, and truthfully, this is the first time I've heard of anything like this.

It's not a knock on the product, the availability, the amazing deal, and not even really towards the company itself, just simply the lack of communication, plain and simple.

I do more than understand both sides. This was an incredible deal for an amazing price, on an item that is getting to be more and more rare as time goes on. I'm still grateful for this opportunity in the group buy, and to be completely honest, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Rev9 again, I just simply think that for this specific transaction (or group buy, individually or for the entire list of customer's whom purchased this item) I simply feel that communication could have been better. I completely agree, those complaining about wait time need to suck it up, however lack of communication is an entirely different story, as for as far as I'm concerned, even with the updates through other members, there still hasn't been a direct post from the OP in quite some time.

I do still look forward to getting the items, I'm still grateful for the opportunity, and again, even with what was previously posted, would still purchase again from Rev9.

-ono1

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I get that, but what do you want the update to be. This is a custom made part, made by a smaller company, where they got a ton of orders they aren't used to. The best I can see Rev9 saying is, "they are being made, be patient." Everything else is pretty much out of their hands.

·
THREE!
464 Posts
I just got notified that mine shipped, maybe there is another batch coming out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got mine recently and did a test fit on Saturday. Has anyone else had the problem of the lock cylinder not lining up with the hole in the GV panel? Mine's pretty far off. The panel's hole is lower than the lock cylinder. I didn't take any pics, though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
For those who got them, did anyone else have fitment issues? I saw above a few people ended up drilling the holes bigger or getting rid of the one nut, I just looking more into other options before anything.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got mine fitted pretty much the way they'll be, and they leak water into the trunk like a bitch. The design doesn't seem to seal very well. Any tips?

221 - 240 of 245 Posts