ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
This is a long user title
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys,

I'm presenting this project for everyone, it is my personal idea, brought to you by REV9, so I'm not sure if everyone will like it.

Okay, everyone loves the KG Works Type-D Starter, as it looks bad ass and works great. :hello kitty:

I know there are some serious guys out there who don't run radio and prefer to listen to the engine sound (or just relocate the radio in the glovebox).

Now I've had this idea to create (with TRAP) a radio delete plate that integrates a starter switch + accessories, etc.

Option 1:
Top row: Starter + accessories switch & Clock (SMITHS clock)
Bottom row: Cubby box to put whatever you want in it

Option 2:
Bottom row: 3 gauges of your choice by SMITHS (voltmeter, oil temp, ...)

Option 3:
Bottom row: 3 empty 52mm gauge holes

Option 4:
Bottom row: Mini-Cubby box +1 or 2 gauges holes

Now, as everyone knows, the more we make them, the less they cost. Also, depending on "how easy to install" it will be, the price will go up.

We have no true estimate right now, but the price could be (for the cheapest option) a little more than a KG Works Type-D Starter.

If any of you already have the Type-D / Type-S starter, we could work something with TRAP to make a radio delete kit that integrates yours, too.

Here is the initial drawing:

Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like it. Even though I am not running FI, it would also be cool to have one with a boost gauge instead of a click. Or maybe some other type of gauge even though you did list the cubby hole or gauge option.

·
RISE OR DIE TRYING
157 Posts
Perfect timing, I'm interested in option1

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
I'll be more interested with pics.
Edit: I'm dumb. I like option 3 without a clock.

·
This is a long user title
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm interested in option 1, but will you still need the key? Or will any thief just be able to break in and start the car with the touch of a button?
Even if they could start the car without key (don't worry, they can't), they'd be in great trouble the first time they would take a turn as the steering wheel would stay locked :lol:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have the type s i think. Would love to have this with it flat and empty on the bottom for some other switches and jizz.....

·
Banned
478 Posts
I want this but anyway theres a way I can get an s2k push start on there
^ S2K push start is the opposite of toggle switches and a dial clock. :fp:

option 1 all the way. beautiful & very well thought out, eventhough I don't think I'll be purchasing this unit just because I love my headunit a bit too much. so I'm just voicing opinion, & sending plenty of kudos on your ideas as always.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it would be sweet if the gauge holes on the bottom are angled towards the driver like the DDM piece.

·
Supporting Member
970 Posts
Keen. On option 1 but I have a custom dash. So I'd need the switches and that up the top but the bottom metal extended. If you can do this I'll pm some dimensions as I don't run a tombstone anymore :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wow, I was just drawing up a template to do something like this with a KG Works starter and then saw this on the front page. I would be adding to more toggle switches where the "Eunos" wording is for my power windows though.

I would be interested in Option 2 or 3 depending on their price.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think I'd be in.

In for me info

1 - 20 of 84 Posts