ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
so whats the deal with this GT4 HD? is it for ps2 or ps3?

AFAIK you can already play GT4 in 1080i

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
No Ariel no care... [-(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
[Disclaimer: I'm a Forza fanboy through and through]

Meh. Not impressed. Nice modelling, but that's not in-game. The in-game from the end of the 2nd video looks okay, but way too sterile, the suspension movement doesn't look natural... and i LOVE how there's music over both of them because the world knows JUST HOW BAD their audio is.

...and for those of you who don't... http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/index.do?id=430

Come on, does that sound like any subaru you've ever heard?

·
Registered
659 Posts
oh...I love it!!! you can race with more than 6 cars!!! this is gunna sweet!! We need to have GT competition at my place! I got a getto built steering /race seat set up.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
[Disclaimer: I'm a Forza fanboy through and through]
FM2 FTW!
Indeed. :) In-MFin-deed. Although it's funny. I actually pulled out PGR3 this last weekend (just to drive the Atom) and man, after playing Forza all day every day for the last month+ at work, PGR's controls feel TWITCHY. I don't remember them feeling like that when I worked on it. it was wierd. I couldn't drive Gotham for the life of me!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
So Matt, you got a job in the gaming industry, thats pretty cool. Even cooler cause it seems that you work on racing games, which is all I play 90% of the time.

Is there going to be an NA miata in FM2? hehe

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
So Matt, you got a job in the gaming industry, thats pretty cool. Even cooler cause it seems that you work on racing games, which is all I play 90% of the time.

Is there going to be an NA miata in FM2? hehe
Yeah, I work on racing games whenever I can. I'm a contractor right now in Microsoft Game Studios. I worked on Forza 1, Project Gotham 3, and now Forza 2. I don't get to work on racing games (or even games) all the time, but when I do, it's a blast... Mind you, I don't get to PLAY them that much, but I do work on 'em/my fingers are in-game every day.

As for NA FM2, I'm not allowed to open my mouth about that. Sorry man. Carlist isn't on the "approved topics" list as it were.

·
2,708 Posts
Can't stand Forza's gameplay, same for Project G. I LOVE GT4 with Logitech Wheel. I guess I'm a fanboy.

Back on topic, 4RE addition is great. Now, if only Porsche plays along also. My only complaint about the GT series is the ridiculous amount of un-interesting cars. Who really NEEDS 10 versions of the Skyline and 15 version of the Evol?

FYI, GT4 HD is playable in two modes. "Classic" which is the old GT4 graphics enhanced to HD or "Premium" mode, which is a preview of GT5 utilizing the PS3 engine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Can't stand Forza's gameplay, same for Project G. I LOVE GT4 with Logitech Wheel. I guess I'm a fanboy.

Back on topic, 4RE addition is great. Now, if only Porsche plays along also. My only complaint about the GT series is the ridiculous amount of un-interesting cars. Who really NEEDS 10 versions of the Skyline and 15 version of the Evol?

FYI, GT4 HD is playable in two modes. "Classic" which is the old GT4 graphics enhanced to HD or "Premium" mode, which is a preview of GT5 utilizing the PS3 engine.
Nah, I wouldn't cry fanboy, you've got a reason you don't like either of those.

I think a lot of that is in the wheel though. If I could use the Logitech 900° wheel with Forza, i'd be in hog heaven. Though I gotta say, the new MS FF 360 wheel is pretty sweet, it just needed to be 900° as well. ;)

As for 15 versions of the Evo, i'm with ya. What gets me more is the inclusion of 300 different kei-cars, and meter-maid carts, and crap like that, i mean really, who gives a damn?

·
Registered
593 Posts
seriously though, if you picked up a ps3 and actually kept it for yourself to play, you're a fucking idiot.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts