ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday my guage cluster quit working while i was driving in my 93 so i stoped and checked all the connections and everything was hooked up but i cant seem to find out why??? also my turn signals will not work but when i turn on my lights the headlight emblem lights up and my hazzards work and the high beam light works also....anyone got any ideas on what it could be?

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i looked though some more stuff on the car....rechecked the fuses and i still cant figure out anything.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Hey, I had this same problem, here's how I fixed it.

There's two relays on the driver's side. One is the horn, the other controls the lights for the dash and interior lights.

Take them both out. If your horn works just switch them. If your horn does not currently work, take a replay for the passenger side and see if that fixes it.

If you can't figure it out from that I will take you pictures.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
My Miata is in my neighbor's garage let me know if this helps.

Attachments

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Oh, by the way, you are stealing a relay from your fan I think.. So don't go driving around like that. Just see if a new relay fixes the problem. I think they are $8 a piece at Auto Zone.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I am doing this by memory but the relays are black with white bottoms with 3 pins on the inside, by the way.

Attachments

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Are the symptoms...

-Tach not working
-Oil pressure gauge not working
-Wate temp guage not working
-Turn signals not working
-Hazards DO work
-Lights DO work

If the answer is yes...take another look at your under dash fuses. This happened to me once, and it was a fuse.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am a total retard........it was a fuse!!!!

i check them but some how i missed it.

i went to mazda and the parts guy called there tech support and got the guy to look it up and fax me the pages out of the workshop manual for the car.....so the mazda parts guy gave me 2 10A fuses and i was on my way!!!

wow i feel soo stupid for wasting everyones time here and the guys time at mazda but he was kick ass and glad to help me so it works out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts