ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: UPDATE About my ex-stolen Miata

=D>

and to those punk-ass faggots... if you even *@#%! get near my car I would have no problem pulling out the .357 on your candy-ass. If you think I'm joking, come test me... my Ruger speaks louder than words.
Hope nobody forwards this to the Feds. You're 19. You can't legally own a handgun.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. 21 for handguns. Whomever gave it to you/sold it to you is also breaking Federal law.

Ineligible Persons

The following classes of people are ineligible to possess, receive, ship, or transport firearms or ammunition:

Those convicted of crimes punishable by imprisonment for over one year, except state misdemeanors punishable by two years or less.
Fugitives from justice.
Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs.
Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution.
Illegal aliens.
Citizens who have renounced their citizenship.
Those persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
Persons less than 18 years of age for the purchase of a shotgun or rifle.
Persons less than 21 years of age for the purchase of a firearm that is other than a shotgun or rifle.
Persons subject to a court order that restrains such persons from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner.
Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under California law, no person, corporation or firm shall sell, loan, or transfer a firearm to a minor (a person under age 18). Cal. Penal Code § 12072(a)(3). California also prohibits a person, corporation or firm from selling a handgun to anyone under age 21. Id. In addition, any person, corporation or dealer may not sell ammunition or reloaded ammunition to a purchaser under age 18 (or under age 21 in the case of handgun ammunition). Section 12316(a)(1).
So you may be able to *own* it, but you can't *purchase* it from anyone, and you can't get ammunition legally.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Phinz, I know the California laws. I was referring to me being 18, not 19.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: UPDATE About my ex-stolen Miata

Hope nobody forwards this to the Feds. You're 19. You can't legally own a handgun.
Just to clear this up for anyone that's curious, you can legally own a handgun at the age of 18. You can not purchase one but you can be gifted one. I know that a family member can gift it to you but I'm not sure if a non-relative can.
(my close friend legitimately transferred a pistol under his name in this manner when he was 19)

The only problem in California though is that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will sell you pistol ammunition unless you're 21.

·
Registered
593 Posts
No worries... we still have some black talons from a long time ago in .38 special and 9mm.

I still prefer the good ol' .357, though. 8) Not hard on your wrists and still packs one helluva punch!

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Im not sure if the firearm laws are any different in CA than in CT. Here if you shoot someone for trying to steal your car you are fucked. You can warn them, but your life has to be in danger in order to pull the trigger. Unless your content with killing them over auto theft, than its their word against yours. I would rather just use the car as bait and just jump out beat their face in until they are smart enough to not try to steal cars anymore.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries... we still have some black talons from a long time ago in .38 special and 9mm.

I still prefer the good ol' .357, though. 8) Not hard on your wrists and still packs one helluva punch!
You can still get the fabled Black Talon. They're just called SXT now. Same stuff.

I don't like the little bitty 9/.38/.357. You do realize that they're all the same basic bullet, don't you? The holes are too small, and the bullet is too lightweight. They're more fun for plinking than anything else. I carry a .45 ACP loaded with Corbon +p 200gr JHP.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
ok when did this place turn into Guns and Ammo Magazine???? Jesus H Christ on a stick who give a flying **** who carries what, stay out of trouble and you wont need to carry a gun......

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
I'm not getting drawn into a debate about guns on this board. This is about Miatas... And no i'm not some damn liberal democrat and yes i do have my guns but i'm not about to go around online bragging that I'm packing just so i can try to show off....

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I'm of the general opinion that fewer guns is better than more guns. But I also understand the only person who has a chance of protecting you from bad people is yourself. Accordingly, I can see why many choose to carry personal firearms. It is a choice that varies from person to person, state to state, etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Phinz, yes I do know that... but we also have a Beretta 92fs. I don't think it'd take the .38 special...

We have our guns mostly for going to the range but hell, if they need to be used for otherwise, well... they do. I honestly would hate to live knowing that I've shot someone but if someone's stealing your car... well you don't have too many options...

I didn't know they still made those types of rounds. Figured the hardcore liberals got them banned. Oh yeah, 15 round preban magazines ftw. =D>

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I honestly would hate to live knowing that I've shot someone but if someone's stealing your car... well you don't have too many options.
It seems to me that Johnny Law doesn't take kindly to people using deadly force to protect personal property. Now if you were standing in front of the car and the crook tried to run you over then I guess it might be self-defense but even then the DA might say you could have easily run away from harm and called the police instead. I don't have much sympathy for perpetrators but I'd recommend you seek professional legal counsel before you go unloading your clip into someone jacking your stereo. A good lawyer should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do in your state to protect personal property.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts