ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my GV tail as part of the car when I bought it, the previous owner said the tail lights came with GV kit but one of my wiring is hanging by a tread and need either a DIY rewiring or a new tail lamp.

Can anyone point me to a site that sells the tail lamp?
part no: Tail Lamp - Mazda - Portacab - OEM Part# 0512-89664

thanks in advance

·
Supporting Member
579 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought my car with the GV tails installed. I didn't know how to do the wiring so I had a mechanic wire it up for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the GV tail lamp utilise a bayonet type light fitment. It should be easy enough to reconditioned, I'm just being lazy and wanted a spare light housing.

Laguna96 response made me laugh...good on you for trying. $900 XD

for the DIY, I will need pull bayonet fitting off the light housing and solder a new 8gauge wiring. I'll get some pics when I get the motivation to actually fix it.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Willy I'm jealous of your whole car. Have you thought about painting the 1028 mirrors white? I think it would look awesome.

You should sell me your Wats ;)

·
Supporting Member
579 Posts
Willy I'm jealous of your whole car. Have you thought about painting the 1028 mirrors white? I think it would look awesome.

You should sell me your Wats ;)
Yo Flyin!

You know I have thought about painting the tops of the 1028 mirrors white actually! I'm sure there is an easy way to take them apart. Thought I have never painted anything like this before.

Do you miss your 1028 mirrors btw?

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
I still really like the clean look of the murakami w/o 3rd brake light.

Willywongka - Painting the mirror shells is easy and looks nice, I did mine in a Saturday. Plus the black plastic will tend to change color if left unprotected. They do look nice white too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts