ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side GV tail light is off alignment by a millimeter or so dipping down on the outer side. Anybody have any tricks on getting the alignment right other than just looking and trial and error?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... come to think of it, the panel comes pre-drilled for the lights. And I re-drilled them 'cuz I re-oriented the lights to have the yellow turn indicators on top so I'm probably the only one that has this problem. Oh well ...

Thanks anyway for any suggestion anyone might have.

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
Are you talking about the body line between the right side of the light and the trunk . If so what about using a small dremel and making the holes in the car slightly larger to raise that side up .

Or it could be your trunk that is off a little . I would try adjusting your trunk to fix the problem before you do anything to lights .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response but the trunk line is not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the horizontal center line of the passenger side tail light, it dips a millimeter or so down towards the outside.

·
3,857 Posts
I see what you at saying, You mean that if your tail lights were filled up to the middle with water the surface of the water wouldn't line up with the brake/ turn signal line.
I think you need to fill the holes and redril but If I were you I'll leave it as is since its barely noticeable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take the lights out. Does it self level?

BTW, the drooping is the least of your problems. Wait till you discover the panel induced water leaks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, the drooping is the least of your problems. Wait till you discover the panel induced water leaks.
No panel leaks on mine, so far. Perhaps having extra fasteners installed where the OEM tail lights had fasteners helped.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found your thread on the panel induced leaks. Thanks for the heads up. No harm in preventing leaks even if they haven't occurred yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts