ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say AE86 Truno has been one of my favorite Japanese car since day one. It's just iconic Japanese all around fun car. I was over joyed when AA announced they are making a Trueno and Levin(Which I'm still hoping they will not cancel and produce it). I bought as soon as it came out and I have about 4 different ones. I have 3 that I modified and here's red one that I can call it finished. It's based on Zenki Apex model with all the goodies.
I used standard watanabe wheels and modified it to be wider and kept the wheel size to 15in scale. Rear wheel is from 1/24 Tamiya model which is 15in 1/18 scale.
Tires are from 1/24 that I modified to get that stretched tire look. Motors has been modified with set of ITBs and custom made headers and exposed cam sprockets.
I made custom cages for the interior and kept race seat that car came with. all of the body kit, Front bumper, Rear bumper, side skirts and wings has been custom made using model clay and bondos. (I'm planning to produce my kit and hopefully it will be available soon)
I spend a lot of time on the suspension and steering to get the true drift angles and 'yes' all of the wheels roll and steer.
The white Kouki version is still in progress, I custom made the Kouki bumper that's kinda like CBY style. It still needs a lot of work and will post when its done.
Thanks for looking!

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
That's the best tilt-shift photography EVAR! Totally looks like it's a little model. :slayer:

:woolery:

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
So sick.

Got any other models? Any Miata love?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys!

I've never built a Miata model... I guess b/c I have real car. I just like to build a car that I don't have in real life.

·
Registered
493 Posts
thats is just amazing!!!!!!!! were can i get one??
your collection is really cool

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.
Diecast are not meant to be customized like 1/24th plastic kits.
I usually make my own parts out of random materials... ITB trumpets are supposed to be part of buttons on cloths, body kit is made out of modeling clay and bondos. Some times I'll buy cheap models for the wheels (Jada toy models). I widen the wats on Hachi with another wheel that has nice wide lip.
There are some parts sellers in Europe ,but they are expensive and hard to find...plus they usually make parts for European cars.
Best part of making these Diecast cars are finding parts out of other cars and making your own thing IMO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts