ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news/Sad news :cry2: so driving home from a friends house really late at night early in the morning 4:45-5ish am and with hardly no sleep at all the night before I have been up for around 35 hours straight and my girlfriend had work at 7 am so I drove her home and this is what happened on the way home.....

We were both fine thats the only good news from this

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Not sure were to post..

If I got a new tie rod, lower a arm, and few small things under the car and a new door and fender would it be worth it or part out and move on

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts

it's done. sorry bud. =[

damage to the quarter panel = total loss.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

fell asleep?
yes sir ran in to the crap they put up in between the highways now the steaks with cable and if it wasn't there I would have just slid in the grass and woke up :scream:

it's done. sorry bud. =[

damage to the quarter panel = total loss.
on look wise but it would still run and funcion and thats what im getting at right now because I sure dont have the money to get a car at the moment and still have a little under a 1000 to pay on this one

·
Registered
147 Posts

They can rebuild it, they have the power, they have the resources, but you dont have the money, lol.

It can be rebuilt, anything can. Be sure to loooook everywhere for damage. Dont want something giving in later on.

As far as trusting it for anything but to and from, its all in the work thats done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

They can rebuild it, they have the power, they have the resources, but you dont have the money, lol.

It can be rebuilt, anything can. Be sure to loooook everywhere for damage. Dont want something giving in later on.

As far as trusting it for anything but to and from, its all in the work thats done.
I know it can be fixed but is it really worth the money or should i just look for a cheap parts car or part this one out and down grade a little bit

·
Mufasa in Training
32,221 Posts

Personally, see what you can get from insurance, pay off the loan, and start taking the bus for awhile.

·
Zero felonies. One deportation.
1,594 Posts

That sucks, sorry to hear about your car but at least everyone is ok. If you dont end up getting it fixed you could always part out what isnt damaged. The hardtop has only a little scuff by the looks of it, that could fetch quite a bit.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
i'd personally fix it if ur just going to drive it here and there.
when i parted out my old car, i sold a black door for 40 bucks w/ mirror.
fender, like 100 bucks, give or take. i sold one that just needed a good polish for 60 bucks.
and i sold the complete subframe w/ arms for 60 bucks. just gotta find the right deals man. be patient.
as for the rear quarter panel, thats done...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If it can be fixed to drivable status do that, pay off loan, then save for a new ride and part this out afterwards.

If I couldn't do that..

I'd find a way to hitch rides for a while and part it out, pay the loan then look for another ride. Sucks this happened man sorry to hear it, but at least no one was hurt so that's positive right. Gl man.

·
Loves V8s. Hates you.
176 Posts
If it can be fixed to drivable status do that, pay off loan, then save for a new ride and part this out afterwards.
You could do it cheap, leave the rear miffed.
Junkyard a door and fender. Replace suspension bits and run it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would fix it with junk yard parts and drive that 4th gen Camaro that you have in the garage!

-B

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hell, replace the busted parts, slap on a salvage yard fender and door and mend the quarter area by the door the best you can and slap some cheap fender flares on the car. With the quarter panel already screwed, the hesitation to hack the quarters to add flares is gone.

Oh, and rattlecan the **** out of it all. If it's going to kind of still look busted, might as well go full ghetto. And after a while, if you still want to keep the car, put some more money into and make it purdy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone yeah i think im might just get the a arm fixed and tie rod and the other small parts that are damaged and ride around with no fender and maybe a front bumper and try and get a new door or get it to were I can open it atleast

would be point less to get new body parts right now considering its about to start getting cold and start sleeting,snow,ice and take a chance on damaging it even more

I would fix it with junk yard parts and drive that 4th gen Camaro that you have in the garage!

-B
Camaro is on hold 408 with ported stage 3 heads and 92 fast intake fuel rails full umi suspension and a ton more ive been building it for 2 years now

1 - 20 of 47 Posts