ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, it's g'day from Oz - I know enough Nihongo to be dangerous after spending 3 months studying in Shinjuku about 16 years ago. Actually, buying a Mazda (MX5, 2005 build NC - my first Mazda and definitely not my last), is a good excuse to practise my Katakana reading skills, looking at those web sites with all the motoring goodies that aren't available Down Under. I've founded a local chapter of the MX5 Club of Queensland, with lots of help, and we've been active in local runs and charity events over the last 12 months.

It's been interesting to observe the range of forum styles within the international Miata/MX5 community - one that I visited recently was total chaos, 99% off topic, lots of profanity, another I visited today requires permission to sneeze. SO far, this one seems like a good compromise =D>

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Haha, that's a good description of some of the Miata sites out there - which is funny, because I tend to think of Roadster owners as generally nice people. I mean, you have to be down to earth to be able to enjoy a convertible sports car!

Welcome to the site, and I think you'll enjoy it here. If you're the one who posted the pics in the "NC's, show us your wheels" thread, then you have one ridiculously hot Roadster.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
haha...I think the site just censored the thread title.

congratulations, you officially blew clubroadster.net's mind.

welcome to the site also ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome :) Like that photo, Phantom - great perspective...
BTW, I've now wiped the monitor clean (after the sneeze...) :shock:

anyway, the car's getting close to its second birthday. Mods have been limited to the Rays wheels and wider tyres, a set of McGard spline drive nuts and the Eibach ProKit. Next will probably be the Larini exhaust, other than that I'm happy with the package pretty much as it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts