ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like everyone on Carview who are running SSR mesh rims on NA8's have to use spacers in the front. Also I know one guy here who had to run spacers on his SSR Mesh's. He has a NA8 too. But then Roadster_soul says he has no interference with his set (also NA8). So it's really confusing. Maybe SSR had reworked their casting at some point?

Well anyways I finally got a chance to test fit my set of SSR Reverse Mesh on my car (w retrofitted NA8 brakes).... and HALLELUJAH thank you Jeeesusah- no rubbing. Clearance is tight but it's definitely clearing. I guess I got lucky and got the 'new'(?) casting!

the rims are 14X6.5 +20 and 14X7 +13. The one in the photo is the 14x7. Now I just have to finish hacking my fender roller... and decide on some tires...

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
you biatch, those look hot!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice! When did you pick up these wheels? They are good sizes - very popular offset in Japan (deep but not too crazy like Sportmax) - but to find them in 4x100 PCD is rare.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the comments guys!

I got these wheels over a month ago already... I'm real bad with procrastination when it comes to putting on parts I got for my car ;);)

Now I'm trying to decide what tires to put on there. 185/60/14 would be the right size, should clear the fenders with some rolling. But the tire choices are poor at that size. I'm leaning towards 195/60/14 Azenis. Do you guys think they'll clear the fenders? Im fine w/ rolling the fenders but not pulling.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,622 Posts
thanks for the comments guys!

I got these wheels over a month ago already... I'm real bad with procrastination when it comes to putting on parts I got for my car ;);)

Now I'm trying to decide what tires to put on there. 185/60/14 would be the right size, should clear the fenders with some rolling. But the tire choices are poor at that size. I'm leaning towards 195/60/14 Azenis. Do you guys think they'll clear the fenders? Im fine w/ rolling the fenders but not pulling.
Why not drop to 195/55/14? You're kind of stuck with T1R's, but it'll buy you some sidewall height (considering you're stuck with 195's anyway).

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
defintely intersted to see what tires you are gonna run on em...

the gold meshs on my prior car, and is currently on my current miata.... are not enkeis. NOT! lol.

umm... they were 185/60/14s on those rims... but currently they are fitted with 195 60 15 azenis rt.

14x7 with a et20.

TeRRy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts