ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
This guy Phil down in Jacksonville had one in his 1.6T NB, ran great after some tuning.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bob Palmbald used Haltech with his twinscrew supercharged '99 Miata with great success. To this day his Miata is the fastest FI in autocross. Just missed out on winning the national championship.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bob Palmbald used Haltech with his twinscrew supercharged '99 Miata with great success. To this day his Miata is the fastest FI in autocross. Just missed out on winning the national championship.

Jimmy
FujiRacing
All this, plus he daily drove the car with the supercharger for something like 40k miles. It was a scary fast car, plus 2 very fast drivers behind the wheel.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
I have a Haltech. It's for the 'other' car, though.
Mine's an E6GMX, which is a newer model using a Windows interface. Fairly easy to use, though sometimes slow to load a different table at times when tuning.
Since I really don't know much about tuning in the grand scheme of things, I've had all of the tuning to date done either at a dyno or on the street by a local guy who used to work at a nearby Haltech-only shop.
Still needs a few hours to lean things out and work on spark timing, but that's neither here nor there.
A buddy of mine uses an E6A, which uses a DOS-based interface, I'm told. He says it loads new fields much faster, but is basically all the same overall. The E6A will also supposedly allow him to run SFI in a future vehicle.
My overall impression is that they have quite a few very nice features that, even if you don't need 'em now, could well come in handy as your car progressively changes.
Hope that helps at least a little. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts