Happy 231st Birthday.

Semper Fidelis!

GySgt Boling
1990-current

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
BTW, this is the USMC.

The REAL Marines celebrate their 251st birthday next April, but have their origins going back to 1664..

M

·
0 Posts
From USPS:

Friday, November 10 - Veterans Day Observed (Administrative offices only, Post Offices and Retail Units will be open with regular mail delivery)

Saturday, November 11 - Veterans Day (Post Offices and Retail Units will be closed, no regular mail delivery)

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
OH, today's Veteran's Day! No wonder I didn't have to go to work..

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, this is the USMC.

The REAL Marines celebrate their 251st birthday next April, but have their origins going back to 1664..
and Our first order of buisness was beating the REAL Marines...
(Nothing but love for the Royal Marines)

Our first amphibious assault was in the Bahamas- that's what we need now, a war in a nicer country than Iraq.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,661 Posts
MARINES (My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment)

:)
I should show that to my old cross country coach. That guy was living proof that there's no such thing as an "ex" Marine. He taught at my high school and ALWAYS wore clothes that were meticulously pressed (in fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I saw him during school not wearing a tie), still sported his buzzcut, and well into his mid 30s, could outrun me at anything over 800m. Dude had his serial number tatooed under his armpit, even.

Scary guy at times, but he taught me a lot about life. Probably wouldn't have made it so far without his guidance...

·
Registered
116 Posts
just got an email from my friend in iraq.

he said that in celebration for the marine core bday, everyone was allowed to have 2 beers, and watch some butt-rock band play a set.

he said everyone was acting like a bunch of booze hungry alcoholics, standing around in line for ever in a really cold room for 2 beers.

he went to bed and skipped the celebration. :p

just can't wait to get out and get on with his life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts