ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy bday to me, happy bday to me. happy bday to meee-eeee, happy bday to me.

yay, since i normally dont get presents on my bday or christmas, i bought myself a present:

a dirty pos 1990 protoge with a blown head gasket. i bought it from a customer who decided he didnt want to spend any money on it.

well, theres potential for a car like this, like a bp dohc swap from another protege... (this one has a sohc head)

anyway, theres a reason why i got this one. 3 things:
1: stickshift
2: no a/c
3:

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Sweet. swap in a turbo BP and go play with the EVO's!!

O and for some real fun:

Get a big'n little pro-street musclecar style set of wheels and tires
Lock the center diff on pavement and dump the clutch at 7k! whooo hooo! crunch. J/K happy birthday man!

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you all ^_^

i did have a fun bday last night, mostly cuz i had too much soju sake and scotch. i dont really remember anything else lol.

i know it isnt a miata so i wont post much about it here, but it does have some similarites! under those awesome dub caps are the same miata 14" steelies, and the block is a BP minus the forged crank and higher comp pistons.

say, anyone want to swap heads and be the first on the block with a sohc miata? hehe

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
i never knew about all wheel drive protege either, I see some potential there, and btw it looks real clean. Congratz

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you thank you :D

from what i heard AWD proteges werent sold in cali, just to the snowy areas of the u.s. and canada.
the car isnt supar clean, the roof has some bumps from what could be hail or something... and the carpet is no bueno. bumpers are scratched up, and i'm tempted to do a trueno panda paint scheme on it :p
looks like the car hasn't been washed since '90, but since the car has white paint im sure a bucket of rubbing compound will turn out some results.

i'll bring the car to kinod once its up and running. i'm going to go to work to pull the head out and see if anything else is screwed (206k on the clock... crank & thrust bearings :( )
i'll take pix. literally, the car looks really shabby in person, but i'll try my best ^_^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts