ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you to everyone that has served or is serving in our armed forces! :mrgreen:
Let's see those ships, planes, tanks, and other related equipment photos that you served in/or with!

PS GO NAVY!! :twisted:

·
Supporting Member
1,146 Posts

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Re: Happy Veterans Day!

USAF FTW! Happy Veterans Day to all those that served and those currently serving. Thank you for your service and a shout out to Flyin' 92.
Thank you for the shout out Stoly. I'd also like to give a shout out to you and everyone else on this board for serving as well. Without ya'll I wouldn't have had the opportunity to serve beside you. For the first time in my life Veteran's day has really hit home. Even though I've only served a few short months I have an extremely great understanding as to what it means to serve my country. I just hope I can be half the man of those that have given their lives for our great country.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Happy Veterans Day to all my compatriots out there who've serve and continue to serve, and my humble thanks to their families for the support of their service members during their trials and tribulations. just knowing someone is waiting for you to come home makes a world of difference when you're a million miles away.

John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
(not Christian, just something i picked up in while in the Med)

·
Mnt Climber/ Trail Runner
180 Posts

Greetings to all my 82nd Division and XVIII Airborne Corps fellow netters...

101st, yeah I guess you too, even if y'all are not REAL Airborne... ("The Driver", ducks for cover..)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

If I owned a restaurant, any serviceman or woman would eat free year round. I tip my hat to all of you :)

I dont think you would last long but thanks!

I would rather have ZERO Property Taxes on my house seeing as I served the county. Then I could use that money for something cool, like a Turbo or V8 Swap, LOL

Lots of restaurants offering free meals for vets today:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/198510/57/Free-Veterans-Day-Food-And-Events-Around-The-Triad

From a WI news article but the list is nation wide. Not on the list is Golden Corral which offers a free buffet. Check dates though, might not be today.

And what do you say for a day like this "Happy Veteran's Day?" Seems kind of awkward.

Thanks for the heads up, If you see a vet i think the proper thing to do is at least say "Thank you for your service" And then you can buy me a beer! :mrgreen:

·
Mufasa in Training
32,233 Posts

I dont think you would last long but thanks!
You're probably right. Maybe just Veterans' Day, but that just doesn't seem right somehow.
I would rather have ZERO Property Taxes on my house seeing as I served the county. Then I could use that money for something cool, like a Turbo or V8 Swap, LOL
Honestly, I think the government should have some sort of tax advantage/amnesty for servicemen/women and their families. I don't know how you'd separate them from other gov't employees, though.

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
Remembrance Day for anyone in a Commonwealth country...Lest we forget!

I'm not in any of our defense forces but my Dads' ex Air Force and got a little bro in the Army. Also had my grandmas dad who fought with our Army in WW1

1 - 20 of 38 Posts