ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed after three consecutive corners, my driver side soft top latch was out it's place.
It was still in latched position, just not latched in the hole.
The latches are always tight.
Mabey I have massive chassis flex?
Happen to you?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
a hard launch will sometimes "unlatch" my passenger side latch

I think that the pass latch wears out a bit more quickly than the drivers side.... possibly because of innattention to completely pressing the release lever when unlatching it from the drivers seat......

There is a good writeup in the Miata.net garage section on softop latch repair..... it involves spending some time filing the stops..... actually really easy and may solve your problem, it made mine a lot more infrequent!

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
yes.. my latches are my "rough road conditions sensor" sensor goes off when i am on a rough road, and it tells me by it rattling

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a hard launch will sometimes "unlatch" my passenger side latch

I think that the pass latch wears out a bit more quickly than the drivers side.... possibly because of innattention to completely pressing the release lever when unlatching it from the drivers seat......

There is a good writeup in the Miata.net garage section on softop latch repair..... it involves spending some time filing the stops..... actually really easy and may solve your problem, it made mine a lot more infrequent!
thanks!
btw, your avatar is extremely hillarious!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts