ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a rollbar, and I've been reading up on the latest ACE bar by hard dog. If I do choose that bar it will be the double diag w/ harness bar. Does anyone have any opinions on this bar? Or better yet, a suggestion of another setup that you might think would be better for the cash.

Other bars I've looked into were the Autopower and Cusco, but not many people seem to have the Autopower and the Cusco is just too expensive (looks awesome though). Previously, I was thinking of a weld in custom (built with the double diag and harness bar 4pt.) but the guy I was going to go to fell through.

My plans are to hit the track (since you need to have a roll bar to run at SOWS/Buttonwillow) and autox once and a while.

If you have any suggestions or know where I can get an ACE bar for cheap, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!

Anthony

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
I doubt you can get one cheap...they haven't been out more than a couple months. I'd call Tom and see what you can get. The nice part about the Ace is that there are a lot of options and different setups you can do with it if you want.

·
Registered
720 Posts
theres nothing i dislike aboutit
well i dislike installing it but that goes for any roll bar lol
my previous rollbar was also a harddog rollbar
it would interfere with my seatbelts
i like how the ace does not

·
Registered
720 Posts
from pics of it not installed i was worried how it would look in the car
now that its installed i think it looks great :)

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
Is the HDACE SCCA legal?
Approved is the word you're looking for. I believe it runs the minimum necessary tubing diameter, but good luck passing the old "broomstick test".

Of course, none of that matters a hoot unless the folks at your local events will pass it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Would it be worthwhile to make a sticky where members can post what events they got into with what roll bar? Or has any "approved" roll bar been allowed into just about any HPDE? I know this would help my decision.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,623 Posts
Would it be worthwhile to make a sticky where members can post what events they got into with what roll bar? Or has any "approved" roll bar been allowed into just about any HPDE? I know this would help my decision.
I know of folks who have done HPDE and lapping days with the Hard Dog Hard Bar, which has neither rear supports (which most safety techs flinch at) nor the tubing diameter called for. It totally depends on the tech that's there on that day...

Just buy whatever bar you want and be done with it. I'll bet you $5 you never get into a situation where someone will call you on the bar unless it's right behind your head (ie not over it).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have this bar. I also have the 5 pt harness from impactZ but have not installed it.

This is my 1st roll bar ever and its cool. Im a tall kid so I kinda stick above the bar, now that I have a racing seat I am below the bar and it looks much cooler. Im pretty happy with the bar but the only down side is with a hardtop, it looks very small on the inside

·
Registered
674 Posts
i got the Ace installed yesterday. i ordered it w/ the harness bar, but i think where i wanted it is in the wrong place. it's inbetween the double diagonals, at the rearward braces. (i think what i wanted was to have it in the main hoop.)

can i still make use of the harness bar in its current location?

·
Registered
563 Posts
That bar looks fine it has some back bracing. Looks good for what you want.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i got the Ace installed yesterday. i ordered it w/ the harness bar, but i think where i wanted it is in the wrong place. it's inbetween the double diagonals, at the rearward braces. (i think what i wanted was to have it in the main hoop.)

can i still make use of the harness bar in its current location?

I almost bought this bar myself then came accross the options, i want to put a 5 point harness with the ACE bar too...

Anyone know which spot would be better for the harness bar, between the two main loops or on the rearward braces?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Both harness bar locations are fine. I think they put it in the rear supports by default because it won't interfere with seat recline that way. Putting it in the rear supports interferes with a glass window soft top, though, which is why they offer the choice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts