ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
m1 hardcore double diagonal

^i have a chancee to purchase this. Problem is its the soft top version.
Does anyone no what needs to be modded to fit under my hardtop. Or what ptevents it from fitting. Thanks for the help

·
Loves V8s. Hates you.
176 Posts
m1 hardcore double diagonal

^i have a chancee to purchase this. Problem is its the soft top version.
Does anyone no what needs to be modded to fit under my hardtop. Or what ptevents it from fitting. Thanks for the help
I've heard its an issue with the side latches not being able to latch.
Bolting it on should remedy this.

If you are buying it used and its in someones car still, try a test fit with the hardtop?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked up a non hardtop HC bar for a good price off craigslist and it pushed up against my hardtop, I didn't think it was a good idea to drive and it left a 1/4 to 1/2" gap between the rear of the hardtop and the seal of the car where the frankensteins sit. I emailed bethania about it and Tom says that the variance is mostly amongst the cars, some cars work with the tops and the non hardtop bar but some don't. It depends if it's worth the risk for you, I don't really regret it, I love going top down even in the winter.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
In some applications the non-hardtop bar hits the hardtop more than others. They do make both versions for a reason. I guess it also depends what you consider fitting. Side latches don't seem to work with the hardtop bar either. At least not very easily.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Anyone know offhand how well the HD HC hardtop version works with the non-oem Snugtop?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts