ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
especially elderly korean, chinese, filipino people... granted it is a striking logo, and does look pretty neat.

but go read a little about japan during ww2 and it becomes a little less attractive.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read some about the rising sun and WW2, but the rising sun flag is also the current military flag for Japan. Is it still a negative thing?

given any thought to black top, black windscreen surround?
Yes i have but i think it just seems too much like the soft top and i like the look of the same color/same color with design better than all black.

·
Registered
239 Posts
two words: leapord print.

but seriously, the rising sun is a cool idea. i was thinking about doing that on my car, only starting on the trunk lid, and having the rays go all over the car.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I read some about the rising sun and WW2, but the rising sun flag is also the current military flag for Japan. Is it still a negative thing?
in a word, YES.

and not just to elderly chinese, korean and filipino people - to all chinese, korean and filipino people with any sense of history.

i'd liken it to running the general lee colors.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
in a word, YES.

and not just to elderly chinese, korean and filipino people - to all chinese, korean and filipino people with any sense of history.

i'd liken it to running the general lee colors.
your right. even my japanese roommate wasnt 100% behind it.

I wouldnt say negative like a swastika (even though they were axis... like mexico lol), but yeah I agree with the confederate flag idea.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts