ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
My toilet water goes the other way.
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, sorry, feeling like a post whore..

At long last I have a hard top! I now have a problem, the back right (looking from behind) clip is not sitting down properly and rattles whilst driving (pain in the ass) has anyone else experienced this? And if so how did you fix it?

:whistle:

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The latch, I took it off last night. Its like the latch isn't sitting/grabbing the bolt properly (I forgot the words :/)

·
Registered
380 Posts
stop asking stupid questions. if you cant figure it out, then you dont deserve to have a car or touch tools.

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Wtf? Dude, I'm just learning, you can't say that right from the get go you knew EVERYTHING there is to know about cars? Sorry I am asking stupid questions, but I am LEARNING and doing my best to

·
Registered
967 Posts
I assume you mean the chrome latch on the exterior of the hard top, if so there is a small screw pointing towards the center of the car, loosen that to gain access to the "grabber" housed inside. Adjust the grabber so it holds the stud tightly, the go backwards until it's back together. Very simple.

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help! I will do that when I get home :) Makes sense now that I think about it.... :facepalm: Sorry :'(

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
stop asking stupid questions. if you cant figure it out, then you dont deserve to have a car or touch tools.
This is a prime example of how a forum becomes shitty. Sorry, but this is a place for helping other enthusiast with the same car as us. Not to tell them to figure **** out on their own. Some people need help along the way. so STFU unless you're going to post something worth reading ****.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Thanks for the help! I will do that when I get home :) Makes sense now that I think about it.... :facepalm: Sorry :'(
It's not a guarantee to solve the problem but it should help some. You may have to play with slightly adjusting the interior latches as well to get it to fit perfect. I bought a hard top that a guy had an a slightly bent chassis before and it took me weeks to get everything re-adjusted so it would stop squeeking and **** because he all the adjustments so out of wack to make it not rattle on his car.

As for the **** talkers ignore them, joking around is one thing but if they're going to act like that just ignore them. Having a small penis causes people to lash out at others.

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks :) Everything is worth a try! haha I try to brush it off. not taken to the heart, just kinda laughed and thought he had nothing better to do..

List of jobs this w/e:
Fit hard top properly
get quote so that the car is one colour!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's good you have a sense of humor. Anyway, I had the same issue, under the chrome brackets covers, there are hooks that have plastic covering that wrap around the F-Bolt. Mine were really worn down from all the times I took it on/off. You can adjusted like suggested, but if they are badly worn, they will probably still make some noise. If the metal is showing through, just get a new pair from Rosenthal Mazda.

Here is a link: http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/products/PLATE-(NA01%2dR1%2d863).html

Good luck!

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome! :) I will do that as soon as I get home - stupid work stopping me from playing with my car :'( That is awesome though thank you!

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
If I understand you correctly, the top might not be seating on the frankenstein bolts. Try getting a friend to help you remove the top and resetting the rear feet on those bolts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
When adjusting those hooks, should the hardtop be on the car? I was trying to get a perfect fit with mine (with the covers off) but it seemed like there was too little of a gap to get the hook under the frankenstein bolt.

·
Brunettes > Blondes
2,060 Posts

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kung Fu Jesus (love the name!) I think that may be what is happening.. Need to find someone willing to stand near the car, the three colours is really off putting! :p

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
Becareful removing and reinstalling the hardtop. Those chrome feet have dragged over the garnish panel on my car during the maneuver a couple of times, scratching the paint.

My Kiwi geography is poor, but my friend Blues Boy lives there in NZ. He is an American ex pat and a longtime Miata owner both here and there. His name is Dave, maybe he can help you if you are nearby.

·
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually questioned putting something like a velvet material on the bottom of the feet for that reason./... may or may not work.. Ill see if I can find your friend! Miata owners are all very (most of them) friendly..

I met an old lady that owned one on Tuesday night, she commented on my sticker (shocker sticker coming off) She said it was very nice.. I didn't know what to say

1 - 20 of 23 Posts