ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of dumb ideas I had floating through my head ... does any one have any pics of painted hardtops? Not solid colors but with a design? Here's two that caught my eye ... the checkered would be pretty interesting ... the rising sun, well, way overkill but would be interesting as well, maybe not with my car though.

Anyrate, if anyone is good with PS and has a few minutes to kill I was wondering what they might look like.

Thanks!

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
the checker idea is cool but i think the rising sun is a bad idea....japan changed its flag for a reason and it might offened some people.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I could of sworn remembering someone doing the flag on their hardtop already?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
the checker idea is cool but i think the rising sun is a bad idea....japan changed its flag for a reason and it might offened some people.
No we didn't. The Japanese Hi No Maru flag has been the official flag since the 1870s. the flag that's posted with the rays is the naval flag.

It is infamous because it was the flag of the Japanese army and navy during WW2. The Japanese Army was the real bad boys who did most of the heinous stuff. The navy was a lot more civil, relatively speaking.

The Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force still uses that flag. That being said, I wouldn't rock it. In some peoples' mind, it's like rockin a Nazi Swatstika or a Confederate flag. My rationale against rocking it, is that if someone is offended, they may vandalize your car, judge, jury, executioner.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
No we didn't. The Japanese Hi No Maru flag has been the official flag since the 1870s. the flag that's posted with the rays is the naval flag.

It is infamous because it was the flag of the Japanese army and navy during WW2. The Japanese Army was the real bad boys who did most of the heinous stuff. The navy was a lot more civil, relatively speaking.

The Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force still uses that flag. That being said, I wouldn't rock it. In some peoples' mind, it's like rockin a Nazi Swatstika or a Confederate flag. My rationale against rocking it, is that if someone is offended, they may vandalize your car, judge, jury, executioner.

^^^^ he knows more then me. thanks for posting that info i did not know that.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't search prior ... sorry guys ... but what about the checkers?

I knew the Japanese still flew the Rising Sun ... When I came in the Navy I saw a DDG pierside at 32nd Street in San Diego and I was what the ...

I figured that idea was pretty far out there, here in the south it would probably go down about as good as a confederate flag!

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
im painting my valve cover white with the rising sun in flat green
then thats like painting the american flag in a different color, not that im some kinda hick or anything. but it seems sorta disrespectful in some kinda way. and i wouldnt really sport the rising sun, unless i was japanese myself and if i lived in the south that wouldnt be too good of an idea either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts