ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains and I leave a small crack open on either window, water runs right into the car. Wondering if any one has considered a lip or something to channel or divert rain water and not let it run inside the car...

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
you could run a stick on body moulding as a faux drip rail. wouldn't look very good, but it's cheap and quick to do (at least temporarily)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I couldn't find a place to buy garage vary's lip. They didn't seem to have it on there site! Link?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these are all good ideas. just looking for something practical and cost effective. having a wet sleeve and seat is beginning to get annoying more as the weather is getting colder. gonna go check out autozone tonight to see what they have. R&S Strauss is the other car store near me but they never have anything i need. thx

·
Registered
293 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Edge-L...721?vxp=mtr&hash=item256a4a23f9#ht_500wt_1202

might go with something like this... if i have extra, maybe ill try painting it classic red... .who knows...
hey this is a great idea
my puppy decided to use my hardtop rubber seals (that seal the window) as a chew toy on the passenger side..
would anyone like to split on the it? Cut it in half would be about 12 ft per person.
I don't know what I would do with 25 ft of this stuff
or is this something you could buy at home depot or lowes?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Hmmm, oh yea, well so.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
i like to have the window open a bit even if it's freezing cold outside.
i've considered getting the gv lip things...
the water is such a pain in the ass sometimes. i'd like to see a full car shot. i can't imagine these would look good unfortunately.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
GV HT RR's are sweet.
I always have my window cracked so I can hear everything around me, and being that this is Washington 92% of the time it's raining and they do their job.
Got a helluva good deal from Rod @ Tetsuya Garage.
I can't be the only one on the boards with these. Who else has them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since the top is just fiberglass, couldn't you have someone cut/mold in a rail that's about 1/4" across and 1/8" of an inch deep?

Wouldn't stop all of it but it should break the water up and help direct it towards the back while looking a lot better then anything stick-on.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
GV HT RR's are sweet.
I always have my window cracked so I can hear everything around me, and being that this is Washington 92% of the time it's raining and they do their job.
Got a helluva good deal from Rod @ Tetsuya Garage.
I can't be the only one on the boards with these. Who else has them?
now i gotta go look at more pics of your car...i've never noticed them, which probably means it's not ugly or they don't stand out...

edit...

i wouldn't notice them if they weren't pointed out

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
What the...are you hoarding my pictures?:woolery:
They do pretty much disappear unless you're looking for them. They're rather subtle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts