ClubRoadster.net banner

Hardtop lip?

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  ChrisJuliano 
#1 ·
Every time it rains and I leave a small crack open on either window, water runs right into the car. Wondering if any one has considered a lip or something to channel or divert rain water and not let it run inside the car...

#4 ·
I couldn't find a place to buy garage vary's lip. They didn't seem to have it on there site! Link?

#5 ·
these are all good ideas. just looking for something practical and cost effective. having a wet sleeve and seat is beginning to get annoying more as the weather is getting colder. gonna go check out autozone tonight to see what they have. R&S Strauss is the other car store near me but they never have anything i need. thx

#8 ·
hey this is a great idea
my puppy decided to use my hardtop rubber seals (that seal the window) as a chew toy on the passenger side..
would anyone like to split on the it? Cut it in half would be about 12 ft per person.
I don't know what I would do with 25 ft of this stuff
or is this something you could buy at home depot or lowes?

#16 ·
GV HT RR's are sweet.
I always have my window cracked so I can hear everything around me, and being that this is Washington 92% of the time it's raining and they do their job.
Got a helluva good deal from Rod @ Tetsuya Garage.
I can't be the only one on the boards with these. Who else has them?

#17 ·
Since the top is just fiberglass, couldn't you have someone cut/mold in a rail that's about 1/4" across and 1/8" of an inch deep?

Wouldn't stop all of it but it should break the water up and help direct it towards the back while looking a lot better then anything stick-on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.