ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u guys think the average price paintjob on hardtop is?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't think it will look good tho haha

·
Registered
332 Posts
i did mine in front of my house..looks professional.. i used spray cans from pepboys..
it's very shiny..but catch is..i've been painting cars and other things for about 2 years now

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think average cost varies widely but if you're paying a body shop to do it my estimate is $250 to $500 just for paint. Beware that many tops have damage that require repair before the paint shop will touch it so add that to the total cost. My hardtop cost me $1000 to get repainted with only 3 color coats of Classic Red. It was $600 for the body work (cracks I didn't see when purchased) and they said that was a gift given how much time they invested, $300 for the paint job, and about $100 in miscellaneous charges and taxes. And on top of all that I was not pleased with the quality of the job nor all the broken promises nor the fact that it took 3.5 months. Even though the business came highly recommended to me I could not recommend the shop that painted my top to anyone else and I will never use them again myself.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well theres this guy thats selling it for 900 n its a whiteone "suppose to be in perfect condition" n i want to paint it red. doing myself sounds good only if i knew i was gonna do that good of a job haha

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
$15 plus a few days of work. I painted mine black but another color might be more dificult. Heres what mine looked like before i wetsanded it. Not bad for now but i will have it professionally done when the rest of the car get resprayed.

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just gonna wait for another deal to come along. on a tight budget. thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
I had mine painted for $200. Prep, paint, sanding, etc. Pretty good deal. Of course, the rest of my car was at that same shop for accident repair at the time...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts