ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a rear latch/braket for my hardtop (the one that sits over the frankenstein bolt and is molded into the hardtop). I know they dont really sell these because they are molded into the top, but just as i have broken mine off, i have heard of other people doing the same. If you are one of these people like myself who have broken this latch off i would like to purchase it off of you if you are not using it. I will be welding it back on to my hardtop.

I bought my top used with a broken braket/latch on the rear end of the top and that is why i do not have my broken piece to weld back on.

So if anyone has the remains of this piece laying around their garage please contact me I would greatly appreciate it. (preferably the latch for the left side, but either would most likely work)

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
my right side rear latch is busted off too. bought it like that. its not the end of the world. it doesnt squeak or rattle or anything like that. there is a tiny gap though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would call around to some of the bigger miata junkyards for the piece. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for it, I bought a stripped down top for 325 and hardware alone ran me another 150 and the glass was taken care of by insurance. In all it wasn't too bad for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts