ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new Crow Harnesses and I tried to put the mounting brackets through the same bolt as the stock belts but bolt is way too big for the hole. My question is should I drill out the hole or bolt them to a different spot?

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
How many points are there to secure? Do you have a roll cage also?

I wouldn't think it would kill the integrity of the mounting tab so long as you use a large enough washer to distribute the load of the bolt.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I know on one side the bolt is tapered at the top.. Shouldnt really be an issues though.

If your mounting hardware doesn't work w. the standard holes/bolts I'd try asking a friend w. harnesses for another set of tabs before drilling.
Maybe ever drill yours out!?

Unless you're going to weld another 7/16" capture nut you'll have to run a nut/bolt through the body. Not as clean/simple as factory.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Def. drill out the tab and then use a good grade 8 washer.

Of course, if it's more than say.. a 1.5mm difference think about ordering new tabs, as you may have damaged tensile strength on the X axis (if the bolt is the Z axis, side to side from the belt is Y and the belt is X), or the proper angle may be able to stretch it enough to seperate.

...I highly doubt it, though. Plus, tabs are supposed to be cheap anyway, relative to a new harness!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts