ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad idea or what? I've seen people do it, but it seems like a bad idea in terms of safety. I want a quick release for convenience & for the neighborhood I park my car in, but I want harnesses before that due to the airbag delete. I'm too impatient & broke to save up for a hard dog roll bar w/ a harness bar sooo Idk what to do. Opinions??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Like Chia stated, don't do it. It's not there for that reason and probably isn't as sturdy as it seems. Get a roll bar then go from there.

Save up, do it right the first time and have little to no regrets about anything knowing everything is quality.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Racers have HANS devices attached to their helmets. Do you have similar equipment?
Nahh man my car is super stock. I just bought it was Friday, so I haven't even gotten to track it yet :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bad idea or what? I've seen people do it, but it seems like a bad idea in terms of safety. I want a quick release for convenience & for the neighborhood I park my car in, but I want harnesses before that due to the airbag delete. I'm too impatient & broke to save up for a hard dog roll bar w/ a harness bar sooo Idk what to do. Opinions??
Of course a roll bar with harness bar is better,but if the oem reinforcement bar is shoulder level or max of 4'' below the height of your shoulder and is a steel bar that connected the the chassis well then you should be fine. I spoke with CHP, as long as the bar is bolted or welded to the frame then its cool.If you research there is certain rules and regulations on harness bars.Wait until you get some approved racing seats.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course a roll bar with harness bar is better,but if the oem reinforcement bar is shoulder level or max of 4'' below the height of your shoulder and is a steel bar that connected the the chassis well then you should be fine. I spoke with CHP, as long as the bar is bolted or welded to the frame then its cool.If you research there is certain rules and regulations on harness bars.Wait until you get some approved racing seats.
Ok I got you. I'm just gonna play it safe and get a roll bar w/ a harness bar before anything. I've seen too many pictures of flipped convertibles & that **** was way too scary.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want the OEM bar that goes behind the seats for NVH reduction and a little bit more chassis stiffness until you can afford a roll bar, make the drive up here to Martinez and I'll sell you my extra one for $20
No thanks I already have the OEM bar. I was just wondering if I should use it as a harness bar. I decided not to though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts