ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Correctamundo. Loch Stewart style intakes are incompatible with LHD cars due to the brake master cylinder. The popular mod for LHD cars is a "Randall Cowl Intake" either from FM or home brew.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
My car came with a hole in the firewall like that already, I guess the previous owner thought it was a good idea.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh man...is there any way i can do something to my car to do that kinda of an induction?..seems it would be very effective...i was thinking of even using a velocity stack too...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Yes you can do a cowl intake. How fancy you want to get is up to you. Go to Flyin' Miata or Home Depot. The choice is yours.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
There are so many threads on this topic it's easiest to point you to http://forums.miata.net and search for "DIY cowl" or "DIY Randall". You'll get lots of hits with pictures and instructions from others who've done this mod. Most use a hole saw and flexible hose directed to the factory airbox or a cone filter on the end of the MAF like the Elf intake kits sold by DDM Works. Unfortunately this information isn't located all in one convenient place like the Miata.net Garage section or the ClubRoadster.net Knowledge Base for archiving purposes. Perhaps you could compile this data and post it for everyone's benefit?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys...i was kinda apprehensive about asking about the induction..most of the forums i use to be on are just fill will ass holes

·
Mufasa in Training
32,642 Posts
thanks guys...i was kinda apprehensive about asking about the induction..most of the forums i use to be on are just fill will ass holes
It's just a common question that you asked. Kyle actually answered it twice just in this thread. Pay attention to what folks say, and you'll find a lot less "ass holes" ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts