ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone swapped the 1.8 motor in to a 1.6 chassis? If yes, how hard/easy was it for you? What is needed or required for the swap? Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
been done plenty of times.... Miata.net is a good source of info on this one... though I'd search instead of posting this question there... you'll get your head bitten off....

I think there may be a writeup in the garage section there, and FM sells a kit that'll make the swap go much easier, and allow you to keep your stock electronics

M

·
0 Posts
i think frankthetank is doing the swap right now, hit him up
FYI, Frank is doing a 1.8 automatic to 1.8 manual swap.

He's trying to do it alone, as a first-timer, during a record-breaking heat wave in Anaheim, CA.

My hat's off to him, but I pity da foo!

·
Registered
218 Posts
i think frankthetank is doing the swap right now, hit him up
FYI, Frank is doing a 1.8 automatic to 1.8 manual swap.

He's trying to do it alone, as a first-timer, during a record-breaking heat wave in Anaheim, CA.

My hat's off to him, but I pity da foo!
Hey Bill im far from a first timer, i built my last corolla by myself (keep in mind it was a Carbed 4AC to a fuel injected 4AGE swap), i just like being independent and use it as a learning process and not pay someone to do it for me.

And yes im doing a AUTO to MANUEL swap right now, i was lucky to find another 1.8 after i wrecked my first 1.8. If you are looking for an engine let me know i have one really cheap.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Bill im far from a first timer, i built my last corolla by myself...
I meant first Miata engine swap. Sorry, didn't mean to insult you!

And yes im doing a AUTO to MANUEL swap right now, i was lucky to find another 1.8 after i wrecked my first 1.8. If you are looking for an engine let me know i have one really cheap.
You mean the automatic engine is FS, right? Auto has lower c/r pistons among other differences from a 5-speed engine.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts