ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
for 50 dollars, I'd probably have my fenders properly done by a mechanic with the right tools.

but since this is CR: yeah, looks great, I'd totally do it. don't forget the baseball bat and hammer to finish it

·
Registered
110 Posts
itll MAYBE work. i use the regular eastwood fender roller and you need to apply a good amount of pressue to roll. therefore this is gonna hurt the crap outta your hands lol. this is probably more for newer cars with more fragile inner lips.

·
Registered
63 Posts
seriously, any normal set of pliers and a towel could do the same job as this "fender roller". i can't believe they are charging 50 dollars...

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Can any of you read? It's a fender FINISHER. Just a tool to help FINISH your fender work. It's only even listed for front fenders right in the description, so no it won't do your quarters. It's just to help in trouble spots and for finish work. Use a roller, then use this for misc tabs or spots needing a little attention.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Just use a hammer. A 1 lb sledge, a pair of work gloves, and some earplugs will be less than $50 and work far better than that glorified pair of pliers.

Sit inside the wheel well facing out (car on jack stands), put your gloved hand on the outside of the fender, and start banging with the small sledge. Go slow. It's much more gentle on your paint than any other method.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just use a hammer. A 1 lb sledge, a pair of work gloves, and some earplugs will be less than $50 and work far better than that glorified pair of pliers.

Sit inside the wheel well facing out (car on jack stands), put your gloved hand on the outside of the fender, and start banging with the small sledge. Go slow. It's much more gentle on your paint than any other method.
Going to give it a shot.

will have to heat it as well, right? I'm scarred I'll destroy it.
Will it better to use one of those Plastic hammers instead of steel?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts