ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some trouble with my left front lower strut bolt. It is jammed in. I've tried screwing it out but all it does is twist the bushing. I've also tried beating it out. Is there any other way to get the bolt out? Please help it is the only thing holding me back.

I've also used a ASSLOAD of liquid wrench.

thanks,
Tim

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
  • Get a bigger breaker bar and/or turn harder
  • Have a helper turn the wrench while you use a hammer and drift
  • Soak longer or try a different penetrating lubricant
  • Use Ye' Old Flame Wrench to burn the offending bushings out
  • Undo the inner control arm bolts and throw the whole assembly (shock and all) into the trash and replace with new components
Now you understand why neglected maintenance sucks. If the shocks had been replaced years ago at a lower mileage and if anti-seize had been applied liberally you wouldn't be facing these problems. Be sure to use anti-seize when you install the new components. You'll thank yourself 5 years from now when you go to replace your shocks again.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Wait a minute. It's been a while since I did my shocks but isn't the lower mounting bolt threaded into a blind hole on the control arm so you can only turn the bolt head? Or is there a nut you have to loosen?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the nut off of the bolt. I can turn the bolt but where the bolt sits in turns along with the bolt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
dude, taking off the bolts are easy. quit jacking off and being lazy about it. get out there one saturday morning and figure it out. beat it out if you have to, not very hard. gay thread...

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah i had this problem on an old rusted ass SR5 corolla rear axle. we ended up ripping the entire bushing out. and we just got new traction rods. since you're probably replacing the shock, then id **** up the shock getting it out. like ripping out the bushing. and then just get a new bolt for the new shock.

you'll have to cut the bolt head off with a dremel of grinder to slide it out. the reason is probably that the bolt is rusted into the metal portion of the bushing. thats why its twisting the bushing. cut it up if you have to.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your right it is easy the bolt was really loose. It was almost as loose as your ass. Go flame on an other forum you dickhead. Incase you didn't know forums are for help and you are not helping at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts