ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved back from CA (although my Roadster hasn't arrived yet)...

Looking to go cruising or carve some curves...not really into the autocrossing (I saw a few Roadsters at Aloha Stadium last week)...

Anybody?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just moved back from CA (although my Roadster hasn't arrived yet)...

Looking to go cruising or carve some curves...not really into the autocrossing (I saw a few Roadsters at Aloha Stadium last week)...

Anybody?
There's a few of us that hang out at miataclubofhawaii.com.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a few of us that hang out at miataclubofhawaii.com.
Thanks for the reply, Avery! Do you live in the Aiea area? I saw a clean NA by Aiea Shopping Center a couple of weeks ago...I think it had either a license plate frame or sticker (sorry, can't remember) that says something about "I'd rather be autocrossing"...was that you?

Anyways...so, up for meeting up & going cruising around the island or something? Saturday evenings or Sundays anytime is good for me. Let me know...

By the way, I've registered & signed up at miataclubofhawaii.com...but just haven't posted anything yet...thanks!

-Jimmy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Avery! Do you live in the Aiea area? I saw a clean NA by Aiea Shopping Center a couple of weeks ago...I think it had either a license plate frame or sticker (sorry, can't remember) that says something about "I'd rather be autocrossing"...was that you?

Anyways...so, up for meeting up & going cruising around the island or something? Saturday evenings or Sundays anytime is good for me. Let me know...

By the way, I've registered & signed up at miataclubofhawaii.com...but just haven't posted anything yet...thanks!

-Jimmy
Yup, I live in Aiea. That was probably me. We look forward to meeting you. The next function is autocross 11/1/09, then Miata Club monthly dinner meeting 11/12/09.

BTW, your sig has some nice Miatas.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey Avery whats the next autocross after the nov first, I work that day, can't call in sick either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im getting ready to PCS to Schofield Barracks. Sadly though, I had to sell my white '90 NA. We could only take one car. Need more room than the Miata offers when you have three children. But after a while I plan to buy another one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I live in Aiea. That was probably me. We look forward to meeting you. The next function is autocross 11/1/09, then Miata Club monthly dinner meeting 11/12/09.

BTW, your sig has some nice Miatas.
LOL...Miata's are a little addicting, once you've had one, gotta have another. But, as you can see by the list of mods...as I get older, the less I'm willing to spend on it...hahaha!

Well, hope I'll run into you guys on the road! I probably won't be participating in the autocross...but, I may stop by to watch & say "hi".

-Jimmy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Avery whats the next autocross after the nov first, I work that day, can't call in sick either.

Hey Gonzo,

The autocross after November is 12/13/09. We missed you at the TNT, great fun, lot's of runs!

I hope to see you soon, Avery

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im getting ready to PCS to Schofield Barracks. Sadly though, I had to sell my white '90 NA. We could only take one car. Need more room than the Miata offers when you have three children. But after a while I plan to buy another one.
You're more than welcome to come visit at one of our events. I look forward to meeting you. Maybe help you find another Miata while your in the islands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LOL...Miata's are a little addicting, once you've had one, gotta have another. But, as you can see by the list of mods...as I get older, the less I'm willing to spend on it...hahaha!

Well, hope I'll run into you guys on the road! I probably won't be participating in the autocross...but, I may stop by to watch & say "hi".

-Jimmy
Hi Jimmy,

Yes, come out when your schedule allows. At autocross, spectators are not allowed in the pits. You need to say your part of Avery's or Gonzo's or Cory's pit crew, then the gate keeper will give you the appropriate wrist band and you can come say hi, check out the cars and maybe even go on fun runs if you like.

Aloha, Avery

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry took so long to reply back. There is a lot of stuff i have to get ready. I would love to come to one of the events. I will most definitely take you up on the offer to fine another Miata. Well, had the morning coffee, now off to work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry took so long to reply back. There is a lot of stuff i have to get ready. I would love to come to one of the events. I will most definitely take you up on the offer to fine another Miata. Well, had the morning coffee, now off to work.
No problem, I can definite help you find another Miata when you get to Hawaii. What's nice about our club is we help each other fix and maintain our cars. Between various members we have all the tools and most of the spares to fix anything on these cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That will be nice. I will be leaving a car club behind when I move to Hawaii. They were the same way with helping each other out. Everyone had their own special talents to contribute. I was the only one with a Miata.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw a black NB with matching hardtop driving into work a couple days ago. The NB is starting to grow on me. As long as it is done right they do look good. This one had the ground effects kit with some dark bronze 6 spoke rims. It had been lowered. The stance looked really nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I doubt it. This was a Fort Bragg, NC.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I will be at the 13th event, got the day off. should definetly get an alignment.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
piripi come pick me an my miata an bring me back to hawaii!!! i miss it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts