ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I got these pads (months ago) I never really did hard back road runs in the night due to deer, but since I just got my new sway bar on I sorta was forced to risk it. I did NOT touch anything near the pad during sway bar installation obviously so this leads me to believe its just the pads. But anyways during heavy braking AFTER the pads heat up, sparks woudl fly from my front wheels but only under very hard braking conditions.

Is this normal for hawk hp+ pads? I figure they are just dust particles that are very heated up? Pads are a few months old and have plenty of life left on them. Comes from BOTH sides.

·
Administrator
15,717 Posts
Normal. Any metallic or semi-metallic pad will do this. I can freak people out at night brake boosting the MX6.

·
Registered
541 Posts

The race car at night with HP+

·
Registered
541 Posts
You cant even see in the day time but in the night time thats all I saw from out my side windows hahaha!
If you get them working you can see them in the day time. I have some video of the jetta throwing pretty good sparks in the day, but obviously not nearly as noticeable as at night.

But yeah, this car has hp+ all around and they are really noisy. But...It is a gutted "race car" that happens to get driven on the street :haiguyths:

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
i think it's been 2 years since i've have mine.
i've never noticed anything other than gangster braking and alot of noise and dust.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think it's been 2 years since i've have mine.
i've never noticed anything other than gangster braking and alot of noise and dust.

Alot alot alot of noise and alot alot alot alot alot of dust :p But now we got sparkszzz

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
HP+ is not a "racecar" pad. :fp:
For a stock car I'd consider them pretty epic lol. I ran them on my 91 on the street and loved them. I just swapped them to the 90 and ran them on track and loved them even more! I'd consider them a giant step up compared to normal pads... hence the racecar association :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
i was in my friends miata with hawk blues on.

imagine that, but sparks flying up and behind the car, while passing a bike cop.

hilarity ensued.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts