ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just finished my brakes earlier today and all I can say is WOW! Hawk pads are the greatest pads ever. They respond a lot better than I had expected them to and they weren't too much more than the OEM ones... sorta... :lol:

Sucky part is, someone worked on them before and lost the little 'M' spring and the rubber screw cap on one side of car. Oh well, still runs fine to me. Anyways, anyone who needs new pads now or in the near future, I would seriously recommend these pads.

=D>

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Which Hawks were these? I know there are different compounds. The HPs can be had in the UK for a fairly good price, but I'm not sure how heavy these are on discs/rotos. Got Ultimates at the moment; heavy wearing on Mazda discs, but better on Brembos.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hi-Performance Street pads to be exact. Ideal for street and track usage apparently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had them on my car for about a year, and they dust like no other pad I've ever had. Squeek a bit too. My miata is not a daily driver so it's not that big of a deal. Stops on a dime though.

·
Miata Master
2,138 Posts
i run hps and get no dust. they also make hp+ and blues and blacks and ht10.. but i woulnt recommend anything other than hp+ on the street but plus pads dust alot

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had them on my car for about a year, and they dust like no other pad I've ever had. Squeek a bit too. My miata is not a daily driver so it's not that big of a deal. Stops on a dime though.
Are you sure these are the same Hawks? I don't get any dust at all with them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
HPS don't dust...HP+ dust awful....Trust me I have mesh wheels....$79 bucks w/rotors at planetmiata if I remember correctly,if they still have that goin' on....

·
Registered
144 Posts
HP+ is a VERY agressive pad..squeels,grinds,dusts,etc...I would guess it depends on your driving style.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wanted Hawks, but I just ordered OE replacements. I couldn't wait. I also wanted Brembo rotors, but I need brakes now. Mine are almost worn to the vents, and AutoX is next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts