ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 1224 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sitting in the usual roll and stop traffic this morning, a guy yelled something at me from his jeep as he rolled past me. a few minutes later, the traffic in my lane caught up with him and again he yelled out to me, this time saying "ooooh, hey girlfriend!" and laughing like he thought it was the funniest thing ever. the guy was a shaggy 40 something dude with a georgia educator license plate. i was like wtf? my car has a rollbar and was three times as loud as his crappy jeep, and it's not like i have a pink car or a rainbow flag. and this idiot is responsible for teaching kids...

anyway, i was really surprised by the heckling. it's the first time it's happened to me in three years of miata ownership. has anything similar happened to you guys?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Insecure Fuks.

Its guys who pull crap like that, that I want to follow home and rip them to shreds.

So insecure they have to worry about what everyone else is driving.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I guess that Georgia inbred redneck mistaken you for his sister,that's why he called you girlfriend.

Did you at least flip Mr. deliverence the bird?

·
Registered
439 Posts
sitting at a red light when someone in a truck started to yell," your boyfriend.."

he stopped when he saw i was a girl. that shut him up..

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
remind him jeeps like that are the top-selling vehicles in the gay and lesbian community...then ask him when he's going to brokeback mountain again?

for tailgaters, i've flipped quarters over the top of the rollbar and at their windshield. don't want to spend that much? i've also tossed a nearly-full drive thru beverage over the rollbar at a tailgater on the highway.

maybe i'm too confrontational?

two guys in a car heckling you in your miata alone? too easy.

·
3,857 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Btw 2 cases for me!
a) South central two years ago, black Escalade with 4-5 guys full of tattoos were throwing coins in my car. I checked my mirror and pretend that I didn't notice it.
Latter on I collected these money and I bought my supercharger :p
b) 3 months ago black SUV in North Hollywood, 4 kids 17-20 years old, one of them was throwing (again) coins in my car. I turned my head and looked at him very seriously , and asked him Why?
In my surprise he responded No I was throwing these in the car in front of you (like if it was OK to throw them in all the other cars) and he started throwing a few more to the acura in front of me :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Haha, yeah, it happens to me all the time. Kids used to always yell incoherent shite out the window to me about my car.

I just feel bad that none of these people will ever be secure enough to get themself in a Miata and understand TRUE DRIVING ENJOYMENT.

·
Registered
459 Posts
at tommy's in l.a., i got harassed in a way?... yelling where do u live so i can jack ur car?! by a bald guy wannabe notorious B.I.G and i figured only poseurs announce of intentions not carried out so i invited said guy to my window to talk. i asked wtf r u talkin about and he said he's got the same car. but he needs to jack...hood, fender etc...i asked why? its a cheap car. but he continues on with "mine is faster than urs" while rocking my car and confirming "yea, mine's will def smoke urs and it sits on rocks".
now i figured why bother... just about any import scene is exposed...and not usually to the ideal responsible and mature individual. so i kinda just back-handed complimented him and gave him a cr.net card and advised him for a visit, and either give me his number and give a serious offer if he wants to buy my car. " ok, i'll give u 2,400 for the car. just drop it off at freddo's restaurant one block down from tommy's".

i felt really excited about his offer (not). but seriously, this kid is like 18-20 max. even tho i look 17... i know he's just a kid or a wannabe racer. that must be how he crashed and needs parts. i doubt he'll come over to this forum and boast about his ultra fast junker that'll smoke me doin 0-? while sittin idle scrapped at home.

kung fu jes, i have to admit first that i used to do that.(another reason i hated the attention with my honda and everyone needing to race one) but i personally think that its really not worth ur time or ur quarters. and certainly not worth gettin shot over if u live in l.a. i think its really stupid that we gotta sink to their level.

i know b.s. stuff happens. but c'mon, we're in a miata! relax. and enjoy the ride. only we can drop the top, drive, and forget about our worries. =) had i been 10 yrs younger would i give a **** if someone talks **** about my ride in front of my frenz... but really, i don't think there is a hassle proof car. jokers are just goin to exist and share the same air as us =( . just relax and agree with their lame thoughts. hey, idiots need more attention and approval cause no-one gives them that at home!

·
Registered
459 Posts
hey sean jay, just think of ur miata for what it is for a second: an economical car. and it wouldn't need to make more sense.

what MPG does ur co-workers suv get? or what else do ur co-workers trucks haul besides their lazy ass?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had a friend shot a couple mos ago because he responded to a highway heckler. The guy cut in front of him as he was getting off an exit ramp and blocked the road. Got out, and shot him with a 9mm in the chest from maybe 10 ft away.

careful what you say to who. never know who is a crazy maniac with a gun...

That being said, a long time ago when I had my first miata (jeez - 10 yrs ago?) I was followed by an SUV of guys heckling and throwing pennies at my car late on a Saturday night. We exchanged words, they threatened to kick my ass, etc. I had a busted torque wrench in the passenger seat and was getting really mad. At a light, they kept talking and throwing stuff, and as the light turned, I chucked the broken wrench at the side of thier truck. I can still see the driver's expression as he rolls his window the rest of the way down and peers over the side to see the dent. Mean while, the turbo was spooling and I was outta there. They chased me for a while, and it got kind of scary as I realised I was just about out of gas. They ran lights and blew through stop signs to try and catch me.

Short version is that I pulled into a random neighborhood and parked in a driveway under a random carport. (it was like 2am) I waited there for a while. The SUV did role by, and I sat for almost .5 hr waiting for them to reappear. It didn't and I went to a gas station feeling sure they were going to show back up. They didn't and I went home and went to bed...

·
CR.net Supporter
228 Posts
When they say 'Thats a girls car' I say 'Yup, all the girls want to get a ride in it'

A few years ago I was the target of a few comments from the local Sports Compact scene, but now the Miata/MX-5 is a cool car to have thanks to Auto-X.

One local even sold his WRX-STI to get a MX-5 (but he was always a nice guy .... and I think he is on this forum)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Guys, there is no reason for the racial slurrs, keep that off here, thanks.

As for the thread topic.

I used to be a road rage king, and hecklers, i had pennys, and drinks, cheeseburgers etc. i dont do it anymore. I have been chased down by similar road rage hecklers, and fortunatly i have never hurt anyone, or anyone hurt me.

I think everyone has been heckled, or had a bit or road rage at one point or another. But really, is it worth your LIFE? Now that i have a wife and child everything is different, i will let you cut me off, flick me off, heckle me, and road rage me all you want, all i will do is ignore you and take a side road or the next exit to get away from those drivers. Its just not worth it. :| Im sure the guys on here in my position with a family know exactly where im coming from.

Keep in mind, you are in a Tiny Miata, not a TANK. One side swipe from an SUV and you are toast, and Miata's aint bullet proof either.

And now for my road rage stories ......... :shock:

Driving home late 2am on the hwy (I-4) in the boonies , zero cars on the hwy exept for me, an SUV flies up on my ass in the slow lane. For some reason they decided it was car jack night, i cant out run them on the highway, so i get off on multiple exits and clovers to loose them in the twisites, took about 40 minutes of offensive/crazy driving to lose them. (Lesson Learned, no more driving on deserted roads late at night)

Another time i was driving through downtown tampa, and the local Citywide Street Drinking party is going on (Gasparilla Night Parade) im on my way to dinner with my girlfriend (who's now my wife) A drunk walks into traffic and i have to slamm on the brakes, tires squeal, and the wife screams louder. I stop 6-10 feet before hitting him. He starts cursing me, i start cursing him, wife is cursing too, she has a death grip on my arm so i dont leave the car for the drunks beating.

He takes his sweet time walking away from my car (giving me that badass look), as i pass by he shouts some more and flicks me off............ not good. :evil: im already an aggressive driver, so i stop the car slam it into reverse and pop the clutch barking the tires in reverse at him in an insane speed meant for damage. He jumps out of the way eating pavement. Looked painful, but i was definatly going to hit him in my mind. Again i slam it back into 1st popping the clutch barking tires screaming back at him. (lesson learned, i could have went to jail for attempted manslaughter, and the wife STILL brings that incendent up 5 years later)

It really was not until then that i knew i really had a problem with the whole road rage, i have since stopped, maybe it comes with age, or with a family responsiblity. There have been many other bad experiences, and these days ive heard pleanty of news about road rage shootings, so im no longer driving like a jackass, i have seen the light, :idea: can i get an a'men!

Yall be careful out there, too many idiots like i used to be out on the road. :oops:

PhatMiata

1 - 20 of 1224 Posts