ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of Hella E codes last night and used the garage door to aim them. After that I went for a test drive for fine tuning, two quick stop and tunes later I think the pattern is perfect. Well, I must say that the light output is outstanding. So much so I was able to see a deer way up ahead that was standing in the middle of the road. With the stock headlights there was no way I would have seen the deer in time to slow or stop. In one way I would say the E codes already prevented an accident but on the other hand, if I didn't have new lights I wouldn't have been on the road....

In conclusion: Two thumbs up. The light output is a good or better than my 07 Tacoma, which is pretty darn good. FWITW, IMHO, YMMV, YADDA, YADDA, YADDA.

Bulbs: 100/80w Xenon White.

Just one more thing that makes the roadster more enjoyable.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
how much for a set? I read that e codes are one of the best light outputs for the miata.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I might just have to pick some of those up.

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Agreed.. I've got the E-Code with the standard bulbs in them.. can't find any where that sells the 80/100 bulbs :(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
+1 for e-codes, I've had 100/130s in mine for the better part of 5 years now. I keep wanting to go to something lo-pro, but refuse to give up my lighting. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Dang, I need a set! So what bulb set-up would you recomend? I like the look of the white ones or yellow so that dosen't matter much. All I know is the factory ones need to go. lol.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have E-codes in every one of my cars.
Hella's in the 93LE, 914, '64 Pick-up w/city lights and 4 light set in the '62 Thunderbird.
Cibies in the '92 Black and Tan.

Don't leave home without them!

I've been running them since 1987

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anything need to be done to the wiring to run these? I was considering a set.

Are these much better than Sylvania Silverstars?

·
Registered
384 Posts
No nothing, I have Hella E-codes with Silverstars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts