ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Joe and Im looking into finding a good car to turn into a track car. I recently watched a video of several Miata'a running a track at a decent paste. And I saw this website posted by someone on the Forza Motorsports 2 website, so I decided to check it out. Im willing to part with a little cash to upgrade a Miata to track standards in time but for now I just need to get a Miata. This is probably a dumb question but do you guys think investing in a Miata would be worth the investment for me?

And if anyone is interested in contacting me:

Email/MSN: [email protected]
AIM: UglyDriftFester

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I live in Jacksonville, Florida so if there's anyone located around here if you could contact me and let me know of any upcoming events around Id be glad to head there to see what kind of stuff people are doing to Miata's. I use to be part of a Nissan 240sx club a couple months back but they just wont do it for me anymore. I want a track car, not a drifter.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Also, I live in Jacksonville, Florida ................let me know of any upcoming events around Id be glad to head there to see what kind of stuff people are doing to Miata's. .................
wanna take a 3 hour drive south ? There are at least 5 other miata from your area driving down for this meet, lots of modded miatas, motor swaps, turbo / super chargers, you name it!

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7917

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saturday? Let's see, starting my Chemistry classes this week but they end on Thursdays. Im working Saturday but I could take the weekend off to drive down. Mapquest would probably get me there pretty well, even though I suck at directions. Id probably just get a hotel room and stay the night somewhere and drive back Sunday.

Sounds good to me, Ill see what I can arrange, and Ill let you know as soon as I find out. It would be great to see what people are doing to their Miata's and it would give me some great ideas for when I get mine.

Ive pretty much decided on a Miata after seeing the pictures of the Blue and Orange one at Tsukuba. If one can run Tsukuba with Evo's and GTR's then it has to be good enough to run a simple track for me. Im pretty psyched. Ill see what I can do.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
The one you saw was actually an Enzo with a Miata body kit. Sorry to let you down. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha, that's cool. That's really funny. But it doesn't change anything, Ive still seen multiple videos of Miata's on the big tracks of the world so Im not deterred at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts