ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from west covina, ca glad to be here.

I've always wanted a miata,
Hopefully I can get my very first miata after I sell my GC Subaru Impreza.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Welcome. I think you will find a number of Subaru/Miata owners here. Seems to be a popular combination.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Welcome.

Welcome. I think you will find a number of Subaru/Miata owners here. Seems to be a popular combination.
Probably because I think these are the only two car companies who really seem to care about building a car anymore, rather than a computer that uses 4 rubber round things to ground it.

·
Supporting Member
341 Posts
Welcome to CR. Good to see another brother on here

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's what I have (Forester/NA), but unlike the west coast boys, I do it for a reason - I live on a mountain in ski country, so cargo space and awd are pretty important here...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after i sold my subie :-( i finally got my very first 94 miata :)
It's white, very clean black interior, glass window, and it came with some rota wheels.
After driving it for a while, i already liked how the car handles and it is true that this car is very fun to drive.

but the problem im having with the car right now is everytime i go to driveway sideways, the car 3-wheels and I get Stuck.
The rear left or right wheel spins on the air but the other one wheel on the ground is not spinning, and the car does not move..
why is that?
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
638 Posts
you have an open diff, is the engine 1.8? you might be able to get away with just getting an LSD installed. I just got a MSM LSD rear swap done and it's a completely different car.

If your serious on drifting get a clutch plated diff. They are rebuildable & less of an issue if you get one of the rear tires off the ground unlike a torsion.

949 has some O.S. Gikens :
http://949racing.com/lsd-clutch.aspx

Oh upgrade from the style bars if your going to keep on drifting...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey your in west covina? I also live in west covina! Im always looking for more miatas to hang with! Pm me and mabey we can hit up a meet or two!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts